Queen's Park 1-4 Rangers

"I've been very fortunate to win 11 titles at this club and that there is the hardest that we've won."

A curious claim when you consider the last day win Aberdeen with a team of walking wounded to snatch the title - as one of many examples that look far harder than this season landslide win v £30 a week fourth tier nonentities.

I think he protesteth too much - though he must be pissed off at having such a miserable "winning week", to be fair

Ally - "I won't lie to you. I'm disappointed at the reflection being taken off the team over the period. Been told again today that it's the worst Rangers team in history. It's really surprising. I tell you right now it's the worst Rangers team in history because no-one knows the worst team, it's about opinions. I don't think it is. I've been here long enough, with the greatest respect to Charles I don't know how many titles he's won at other clubs, this is certainly my first title as a manager. I've been very fortunate to win 11 titles at this club and that there is the hardest that we've won.

Gordon Smith - "It's a Third Division title, Ally, that's what people are saying."

Ally - "There has to be changes. No doubt about that. The fans deserve the future to be told to them. We've been told there's going to be investment in the club. That's fantastic. Investment is needed in the youth department and the scouting department. Investment is obviously needed in players. On behalf of my players, I'd like to say well done to the fans for staying with us throughout the season. We went into the unknown. This team was put together in the space of effectively 5-6 days and they've won a championship. And I say well done to them."

Interviewer - "Do you feel positive after meeting Charles Green?"

Ally - "Absolutely"

I admire Ally defending his team and players but every realist knows its the worst Rangers team because its the worst position Rangers have ever been in, thats reality. Its not the players fault. As he says they were put together in 5-6 days. But thats where lies the problem. In the first few weeks I think we'd have understood poor performances as they had no pre-season or time to gel, despite having about 7 internationals, but it was the opposite...we started the season putting 4 and 5 goals away and then go worse leading up to draws and defeats.

And a terrible comment about the hardest championship to win. How can winning a league by 25 points be trickier than winning one on the last day in 1991. Also Title 8 and 9 during 9IAR were much harder! Celtic only lost 1 game throughout No.8 title and gave us a go, then No.9 title was won at Tannadice after losing at home to Motherwell the previous game. That season we won all 4 OF games which made the difference.

Because we hate them and all that they stand for :)

All the more reason to congratulate them when they beat us. They're just as ungracious in victory as they are in defeat. We can see it and so can everyone else. That's their problem. Not ours.

Congratulating them, even though it isn't sincere is the best approach imo.