A little bewildered at the heat the top is causing. Is it really that big a deal to anyone over 20?

It must a huge cash generator for the club no matter what age it is catered for. I think it is a huge deal. I don't think it is right to play down the importance or significance of any clubs jersey/strip.

Aye, but we've had some weird old strips and 1000's buy it anyway. Tbh we could come out with some kind of Harlequin nonsense and it would still sell.

It's the dislike for a fairly basic blue strip I find surprising.

Personally, I'm happy enough with Puma making our strips, but to be fair they are a distant 3rd behind Adidas and Nike in terms of market share.

Football-kit-brand-worth-2012.jpg

The tragedy with that figures is Nike have slaves working in their Cambodian factory for $50 / month making these things for them, and thats one of the better paid jobs. But they can pay 'superstars' millions to wear their logo. Utter sickening.

I was actually quite pleased when it wa announced that Puma were doing our kits. I have always thought that Puma and Adidas kits have a certain 'look' about them that makes it clear that theya re puma or adidas. I know the logos is there on every kit but there is something different about these two manufacturers that make them stand out IMO. However - there are a few flaws, again IMO, on this seasons kits which is a shame as i was rather looking forward to an Italy-esqe kit with just the blue and white top and not a pair of MC Hammer style shorts!!

How long are we going to have Blackthorn on our strips? It's just wrong, everything about it is wrong. Other than a few inbreds in rural England do they really think adult males are going to start drinking cider? This is marketing folly, cider will remain the preserve of 15 year olds fortifying themselves before a school disco and as the base for stag night cocktails, nothing else.

Plus their logo offends my sense of symmetry. That thing they've done with the 'T' would be fine if they were Backthorn, it would be fine in a nine letter word, 4 letters either side, perfect. But this cramming the 'L' and the 'A' together is everything that's wrong with modern society. IT DOESN'T FIT, IGNORANT BASTARDS. That bloody stupid underline doesn't reach all the way along either, what are we to read into that exactly, what is the underlying message that subliminally delivers? Well i'll tell you, they are saying the B and the N don't matter, ignore them, they are worthless, they have no value. Lackthor that's the true message being delivered, how dare they suggest we lack Thor? We might well be missing some a Scandinavian wing god currently but they don't have to rub it in. Thor, the god of thunder, and as Fleetwood Mac so eloquently said "Thunder only happens when it's raining, players only love you when they are playing".

These apple squeezers they mock us, they laugh at our unrequited love for players who'll fuck off to Everton or Stoke reserves for a couple of grand extra a week and a baby Bentley.

It's wrong I tell you, these people with their rancid liquor, really aggravating namestyle and subliminal condescension must not be tolerated.

The black and red socks are good though.