Help bail us out Gers

Gaz eyes friendly cash boost

SKINT Hearts want Rangers to come to their aid â?? by agreeing to a money-spinning friendly at Tynecastle.

Jambos gaffer Gary Locke has spoken to Gers boss Ally McCoist about the possibility of a pre-season clash.

But the prospect is sure to spark anger among Ibrox fans, who blame Hearts and the rest of the SPL for sending them down to Division Three after they were liquidated last summer.

The Jambos are now desperately seeking cash in a bid to avoid being liquidated themselves, with administrators admitting the future looks bleak unless they can raise around £700,000 before the new season kicks off.

And Locke said: â??I speak to Ally regularly because he is a person I have huge admiration for.

â??I havenâ??t spoken to him about administration but I am talking to him about maybe trying to get a pre-season game and things like that.

â??Rangers have come through a difficult period, but with the backroom staff they have there I didnâ??t doubt they would do that. There are some fantastic people there.

â??But I think we are a huge club as well so hopefully we can get the same outcome.

â??Weâ??re looking at a couple of things, as much as it is difficult right now.

â??Weâ??ve already been let down by a couple of teams but we are still trying to do something.

â??I wanted to have a game at Tynecastle before the season starts anyway.

â??Our administrator Trevor Birch has contacts down south as well that we might be able to use.â?

Administrators say Hearts must sell another 3,000 tickets over the summer â?? and hope that they could be a third of the way there by close of play today.

The players return for pre-season training on Thursday â?? and Locke knows it is a worrying time for them.

He said: â??Iâ??m sure the players read papers and watch TV and if they want to know anything then they know my number.

â??Itâ??s a difficult period but we are trying our best to move forward.â?

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4980469/Help-bail-us-out-Gers.html

This would be a huge kick in the teeth for our supporters who stuck by and got us through the last 12 months to go and assist a club who were partly to blame for where we ended up.

I dont wish this situation on Hearts but we arent there to help them. I dont wish them good or bad in the coming months. They deal with it themselves. They are where they are.

Talk about a boycott against SPL sides last season and 100 or so went to Tannadice, this would surely have to merit a full boycott from every bear globally.

Id have no problem playing Hearts in a pre-season tournament overseas but not at Tynecastle where the purpose is to fund their problems.

Why dont they ask the SPL to send a SPL select XI from the other clubs.

From the Herald

The precedent of Rangers is an interesting one for followers of the Tynecastle club. Even in liquidation and re-entry in the lower divisions, the reincarnated Ibrox side have found a release of sorts, managing to shed the excesses and liabilities of a former regime. But everyone at Hearts would clearly regard exiting administration via a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) as hugely preferable.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/still-living-the-hearts-dream.21412214

If I was the Rangers media officer (et al), I'd stop any Herald reporter from gaining entranc to Ibrox et al. They spout their rubbish despite the BBC reprimand (not that this stops arrogant Scrote in any way or fashion either) and thus they should be banned.

These lies are told to the broad public and thus become "fact". Fact that is taken up by the world's media and bring our name into disrepute.

IMHO, the RFFF should get their act together and go after them.

Edited by der Berliner