Guest BigSwanley
i knew joanne bonnar as a teenager and she had no interest in football. she's certainly from a catholic family.

I can say the same about Vincent Lunny. He loved cycling and never mentioned football.

I wonder what the common denominator could possibly be?

BETTING probe Rangers star Ian Black has been targeted by the SFA over three fiver flutters, it was claimed last night.

Well-placed sources said the matches involved £5 accumulator or treble wagers where Black bet AGAINST his side.

One of them is said to be Rangers’ 4-2 away win over East Stirling in April when the midfielder, 28, scored the third goal — pushing his club to victory and RUINING his own bet which allegedly backed a draw.

The other two are thought to be when Black was still at Hearts but was not playing — and he is said to have bet on his side to lose, including a Europa League game against Spurs.

Last night a source said: “Ian can’t believe it’s come to this after a few fiver bets. He feels he’s been hung out to dry.”

The details emerged as Black was grilled by Gers boss Ally McCoist before going for talks with PFA Scotland union reps in Glasgow with his adviser, sports promoter Barry Hughes.

Black is also charged with betting on ten other matches involving his clubs between March 2006 and July 2013, plus alleged flutters on another 147 matches — breaking a strict SFA blanket ban. Last night PFA Scotland chairman Jack Ross confirmed the players’ union is offering legal advice to Black. And he admitted the practice of players betting on football — apart from on their own clubs — was part of the culture, adding: “It’s accepted as being OK.”

The SFA refused to say if they thought players betting on football was widespread.

chris.musson@the-sun.co.uk

This may have already been mentioned.

But it could be if he bet against Rangers then the bet involved giving the other team a head start.

For example in the game against East Stirling he takes Rangers at minus 2 but bets on a draw he would win his bet as the result as far as the bookie would be concerned it is a draw. But Rangers still win - not that, that is any excuse for him he shouldn't be doing it in the first place

Betting against us in a fourth tier game ... that makes sense indeed, despite us playing rank footie back then. Anyway, we have different football betting over here, so I can't really comment on what he might or might not have done here.

It still is rather strange that it is again a Rangers player being targetted here and if he is indeed found guilty, I expect that Lunny and Co. go after all the other players too.

Betting against us in a fourth tier game ... that makes sense indeed, despite us playing rank footie back then. Anyway, we have different football betting over here, so I can't really comment on what he might or might not have done here.

It still is rather strange that it is again a Rangers player being targetted here and if he is indeed found guilty, I expect that Lunny and Co. go after all the other players too.

This would depend on if the SFA receive the relevant information from whoever regarding any other player!

I understand it was Ladbrokes that revealed his betting patterns but why & how?

Why did they decide that Black was the player who they would reveal details of & why only him, surely most of the footballing fraternity has done this too.

How were they able to reveal it, if they have linked him to his better patterns then it could only be via an online account, therefore, surely, Data Protection Act comes into play which means Ladbrokes have violated this & that's a very serious offence.