Weeeeeeeeeeeeelll........there is always the lurking, paranoid feeling that Whyte was a front for a Tim takeover of the club, and we've been controlled by enemy forces from within ever since....don't like to say it out loud, but, you know.......I'm struggling for another explanation as things just get worse and worse.

Put it this way, if you were a Tim and in control of Rangers, you could not have done a better job of screwing the club than the people who have been in situ have done over the last 2-3 years.

I'm not sure about that but to further fuel your early morning X-Files diet MediaHouse came into being through the takeover of Celtic by McCan and Dempsey, that was their first job and propelled them forward. So who knows!

But I still think this is an old man misreading the landscape.

The online Rangers community wouldn't have taken a great deal of notice of the interview if it had been done with a Rangers site or a genuinely neutral site, but since it was done via Shitzine, which is essentially an enemy site, it has gone pretty viral and is a major talking point. This gives Irvine's 'message' (to give the current board & Easdales a chance) a lot more publicity amongst our community than it would otherwise have got. It's a dirty tactic, but it may well have been done on purpose to get maximum publicity.

The online Rangers community wouldn't have taken a great deal of notice of the interview if it had been done with a Rangers site or a genuinely neutral site, but since it was done via Shitzine, which is essentially an enemy site, it has gone pretty viral and is a major talking point. This gives Irvine's 'message' (to give the current board & Easdales a chance) a lot more publicity amongst our community than it would otherwise have got. It's a dirty tactic, but it may well have been done on purpose to get maximum publicity.

But he'll more than likely follow it up with a Rangers site and maybe even a newspaper. All with the same message "give the Easdales a chance"

Then eventually in a few weeks we'll get an interview with the Easdales in a tabloid

For the spin to work all or most of the above need to be singing from the same sheet.

It doesn't work if they are still getting attacked from all sides when they give the interview

Ramsay Smith is a blast from the past.

A long time ago, in an organisation far, far away; I was tasked by the then Chair to lunch with dearest Ramsay. Over a period of two hours, I learned that Mr Smith was other worldly. He was Media House's hands-on number two and thought Graham Spiers was a very decent chap. Ten years past, Spiers had penned a number of articles smearing the deceased Jock Wallace and Davie Cooper. He had included the phrase, "Ian Ferguson has all the charm of a child molester" in a Dunfermline/Sellik match report. I asked Ramsay if he thought he had a grip of the situation?

He defended himself by presenting a several minute lecturette on the value of foresight ie running interference on negative stories and superseding with the positive. I countered with the effect of Spiers continual demonising of the support and marginalisation of the club. I produced a copy of ra Sellik View and turned to Matt McGlone's column on the inside back page. He was lionising Spiers and congratulating him on winning the readers' poll of most favoured journalist for the fifth year running. I concluded he was being rewarded for being THEIR useful idiot.

It is most obvious to me that Media House are incapable of objective appreciation of THE situation. They arrive with a preferred solution, then fit their perception of circumstance around that solution.

These people definitely have an alternative view of such situations but I guess they are supposed to be the experts.

If they don't appreciate the current 'political' landscape online, that's even more reason to sack them than conducting daft interviews - whether it be with a Celtic fan or even a Rangers one.

Except we aren't talking about his feeble 'give peace a chance' line, we're all scratching our heads and wondering if he is either at it or just plain stupid.

Surely that can't have been part of his grand plan?!

Except we aren't talking about his feeble 'give peace a chance' line, we're all scratching our heads and wondering if he is either at it or just plain stupid.

Surely that can't have been part of his grand plan?!

Nevertheless, the 'give peace a chance' message did get out to a wider audience than it would have otherwise, so even if it's not the main talking point, the seed of that message is still planted, albeit subliminally.....

I for one did not read the Q&A ... out of principle. Mhuirhead will be laughing at us full throttle ... and I for one won't give him that satisfaction.

I for one did not read the Q&A ... out of principle. Mhuirhead will be laughing at us full throttle ... and I for one won't give him that satisfaction.

I can't really say I'm all that bothered about Irvine doing the Muirhead interview. I just find the whole thing completely bizarre, but at the end of the day, there's far more important things for our fans to be concerned about at the moment. This Irvine Q&A just adds to an increasingly long list of reasons why our Club's board of directors shouldn't be employing Irvine or his company and also adds to an increasing list of reasons why our Club's board of directors are completely incompetent and need to be removed ASAP.