Come on Zappa, it was a bit more than diplomacy, they both made a point of mentioning Mather specifically. As i've said a few times Mather can be retained while still changing the boardroom about.

Walter said he backed the requisition and urged the fans to do the same. That's the bottom line no matter whether Mather has previously been given backing in public and in interviews for diplomatic reasons or otherwise.

Walter said he backed the requisition and urged the fans to do the same. That's the bottom line no matter whether Mather has previously been given backing in public and in interviews for diplomatic reasons or otherwise.

In the same vein though..... how do you know that Walter is taking that stance ?

It is plausible (no matter how unlikely) that Walter DOES back Mather and is giving his public backing to McCollco to be diplomatic....

Hopefully you see what I am saying - you are making assumptions that suit your argument in terms of backing of Mather but not making the same such assumptions in terms of McCollco. It is inconsistent.

Now, granted that it is VERY likely that Walter DOES back McCollco, but it is a touch ingenious to suggest that the opposite applies to Mather.

In the same vein though..... how do you know that Walter is taking that stance ?

It is plausible (no matter how unlikely) that Walter DOES back Mather and is giving his public backing to McCollco to be diplomatic....

Hopefully you see what I am saying - you are making assumptions that suit your argument in terms of backing of Mather but not making the same such assumptions in terms of McCollco. It is inconsistent.

Now, granted that it is VERY likely that Walter DOES back McCollco, but it is a touch ingenious to suggest that the opposite applies to Mather.

The Rangers Chairman and manager (in this case Walter and Ally) will almost always give a degree of public backing to the club CEO even if they hate the guy and want him out ASAP. It's the diplomatic and dignified thing for senior club officials to do and we all know that. We don't expect derogatory remarks, slanging matches or anything unbecoming of Rangers staff like we were served up by Green.

For me, Walter was perfectly clear in giving the requisition from McColl & co his own personal backing AND urging the fans to do likewise and back the requisition. The fact that there's a contradiction with his diplomatic and dignified handling of the subject of Craig Mather is not an issue for me at all, but if anyone wants to dwell on it, they're well within their rights to do so.

mather was finished for me when he didn't sack stockbridge months ago.

He's probably never had the power to sack Stockbridge. Even worse, maybe he's actually so incompetent that he just believed Stockbridge telling him and the rest of the board that everything was fine and showing them moonbeam financial forecasts.

mather was finished for me when he didn't sack stockbridge months ago.

Ditto but I gave him the benefit of the doubt in the event he was simply naive. Then he stated in a meeting with the RFFF last week that the three fan groups bottled out of meting him when in fact he demanded we meet separately and only one rep from each group attend. Classic divide and conquer tactics and thankfully some RFFF guys put him straight. Basically, Craig Mather is a liar.

Ditto but I gave him the benefit of the doubt in the event he was simply naive. Then he stated in a meeting with the RFFF last week that the three fan groups bottled out of meting him when in fact he demanded we meet separately and only one rep from each group attend. Classic divide and conquer tactics and thankfully some RFFF guys put him straight. Basically, Craig Mather is a liar.

Give him the benefit of the doubt. Too much time spent in the company of other liars like Green & his cohorts might have rubbed off on him, so it could just be down to running with the wrong crowd. :whistle:

Give him the benefit of the doubt. Too much time spent in the company of other liars like Green & his cohorts might have rubbed off on him, so it could just be down to running with the wrong crowd. :whistle:

I'd go for that if weren't for the fact he proclaimed the young guns were his prior to becoming CEO. Great way to boost confidence in the management team, unless you're seen to be splashing the cash on players?

I'd go for that if weren't for the fact he proclaimed the young guns were his prior to becoming CEO. Great way to boost confidence in the management team, unless you're seen to be splashing the cash on players?

Which young guns did he claim were his prior to becoming CEO?