McColl on the hand is contractually tied until 2015 I think it is and therefore he is unable to facilitate the buy out of the current board even if he wants to. A quick look around many of the Rangers forums suggest he has failed to communicate that fact effectively.

It is this bit that is news to me, D'A. Where does this information come from? Why is he contractually tied?

Edited by Bluedell

I think mccoll has confirmed it. Iys part of the deal he has with investors in his hedge fund

But what is to stop him investing cash that is not involved in his hedge-fund? Don't really understand why it ould be so prohibitive and why he would have agreed to it in the first place anyway.

But what is to stop him investing cash that is not involved in his hedge-fund? Don't really understand why it ould be so prohibitive and why he would have agreed to it in the first place anyway.

i think people are putting two and two together.

he cant be involved in running us and he has said he isn't going to buy out the spivs.

as you say how can any investor possibly control how he spends his money.

Mr McColl said he was not planning to increase his current shareholding or to be appointed to the board himself.

He said: "Let me make it very clear, I am not seeking to join the board or to increase my shareholding in the club. I am a small shareholder like many of the club's fans and have no intention of increasing my position in the short to medium term.

"I am 100% focused on my own businesses and the strategy which I have agreed with the investors in my funds. I am duty bound to honour that agreement.

"This is not because I don't believe investing in Rangers would be a good investment, it is because of the commitment I have made to my own businesses and to my partners.

"On the contrary, I believe that with a strong reconstructed, effective and highly competent board to restore financial transparency, stability and success to the club, it is a very attractive investment opportunity."

i am not sure how he could have been any clearer d'art.

Well you can see from even on here gs the confusion regarding this position - that is only magnified in the wider support bud.

I was also told Walter has done an about turn on his opinion of Maher - if thats the case he should be going public with it as a lot of bears are still placing their trust in Maher in light of Walter's endorsement.