Maybe so, but it is far easier to attack from a position of strength. Right now we can point the finger at them and say "they are signing bad songs" and they will point right back and say "theirs are worse".

If we eradicated anything that could actually be offensive (ignoring their faux offense) then we say "what songs would they be ?" - right now we make it easy for them to deflect back to us. That, I think, is the point.

So what songs do we sing that you think are actually offensive, Craig?

To all those having a go at the club, the support and the armed forces: which songs have been sung - with or without the soldiers support - that are criminal and sectarian? Give me a list, short and simple. Tell me what is "sectarian" about them and why. Then we might have a basis to speak about it.

And I just ask for a plain playing field here: where is the public outcry in the media when the Yahoos descended into "uh ah up the RA" on Tuesday? Not 500 troops and fans, but next to 60k Hooped Horrors?

Either the offending line in Super Rangers or, if we are really too thick to amend it, the whole song; this, to my ears, is about the only sectarian song you'll hear at Ibrox nowadays, although King Billy's on the Wall, which he isn't in Glasgow, has no place here on the grounds of taste.

For the same reason we should ditch whatever the wannabe terrorist drivel that goes to the tune of The Fields of Athenry is called.

That's it! Nothing worthwhile to lose, and everything to gain.

Either the offending line in Super Rangers or, if we are really too thick to amend it, the whole song; this, to my ears, is about the only sectarian song you'll hear at Ibrox nowadays, although King Billy's on the Wall, which he isn't in Glasgow, has no place here on the grounds of taste.

For the same reason we should ditch whatever the wannabe terrorist drivel that goes to the tune of The Fields of Athenry is called.

That's it! Nothing worthwhile to lose, and everything to gain.

Don't forget those other sectarian songs that glorifies our victory over Hitler, the Nazis leader may have had or may not had one ball and other could actually well be in the Albert hall for all we know but let's not offend the Fascists. Bobby Sands was a murdering terrorist Fascist, as a result of his terrorism deeds he's deed, yeh let's not offend other terrorist and Fascists by reminding everyone of their Fascism.

Remind them all you want, just don't do it at Ibrox.

The club invited the Armed Forces to Ibrox, so the club and support can show our appreciation of their service in combat and wars against Fascism and terrorism,. That's what i and many other did. If you don't want to show your appreciation for our Armed Forces against terrorism then don't.

"Fuck Boabby Sands He's deid Thank Fuck"

Since we're in the mood for detailed explanations today, can you tell me how exactly this is showing support for our Armed Forces?

Fuck sake, do you actually think you need to tell people you disagree with that Sands was a cunt? Do you really think we're sitting here thinking, 'well, let's not be nasty about poor old Bobby, he wasn't all bad' or something?

I want the murdering prick to be consigned to the dustbin of history where he belongs, and what pisses me off is that its Rangers fans helping keep his memory alive!

"Fuck Boabby Sands He's deid Thank Fuck"

Since we're in the mood for detailed explanations today, can you tell me how exactly this is showing support for our Armed Forces?

Fuck sake, do you actually think you need to tell people you disagree with that Sands was a cunt? Do you really think we're sitting here thinking, 'well, let's not be nasty about poor old Bobby, he wasn't all bad' or something?

I want the murdering prick to be consigned to the dustbin of history where he belongs, and what pisses me off is that its Rangers fans helping keep his memory alive!

The point is how can saying or singing "f@ck a deed fascists terrorist for killing innocent civilians be classed as sectarian?

You're right though we should stop mentioning his name, but we should stop it for the reason we don't want to be reminded of a terrorist scumbag, not because they say it's sectarian to say f@ck him, because it never will be sectarian to remind people of what these Fascist b@stards did.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

The point is that they a) have no clear concept about "sectarianism", b) nowadasy only use it when it comes to Rangers songs an chants, and c) were utterly missing the point of the AFD, i.e. a show of patriotism and appraise of the British Armed Forces' work home and abroad.

The media is up in arms about the odd FTP and that terrorist chap Bobby Sands. Which is, at worst, some cynical banter aimed at a very specific fan-group. Not the Pope, not the Irish, nor the Catholics - even though we may have the odd hardcore customer as well (much like every team has). I would have no real problem if they condemn FTP et al, but if they do so, they should use the same club to hammer other supporters for like-minded stuff. Which they don't.

NB: I would refrain from using the word fascist too loosely here. Sands and his lot were cold blooded sectarian and bigotted terrorists and killers.

The point is that they a) have no clear concept about "sectarianism", b) nowadasy only use it when it comes to Rangers songs an chants, and c) were utterly missing the point of the AFD, i.e. a show of patriotism and appraise of the British Armed Forces' work home and abroad.

The media is up in arms about the odd FTP and that terrorist chap Bobby Sands. Which is, at worst, some cynical banter aimed at a very specific fan-group. Not the Pope, not the Irish, nor the Catholics - even though we may have the odd hardcore customer as well (much like every team has). I would have no real problem if they condemn FTP et al, but if they do so, they should use the same club to hammer other supporters for like-minded stuff. Which they don't.

NB: I would refrain from using the word fascist too loosely here. Sands and his lot were cold blooded sectarian and bigotted terrorists and killers.

I understand that Berliner but their methods of propaganda against our support and club follow a long and tried method, i found this on another forum and thought it illustrated the Republican sympathisers in Scotland Modus Operandi.

Quote..

Definition of Propaganda Adolf H.

"Propaganda must not investigate the truth objectively and, in so far as it is favourable to the other side, present it according to the theoretical rules of justice; yet it must present only that aspect of the truth which is favourable to its own side. (...) The receptive powers of the masses are very restricted, and their understanding is feeble. On the other hand, they quickly forget. Such being the case, all effective propaganda must be confined to a few bare essentials and those must be expressed as far as possible in stereotyped formulas. These slogans should be persistently repeated until the very last individual has come to grasp the idea that has been put forward. (...) Every change that is made in the subject of a propagandist message must always emphasize the same conclusion. The leading slogan must of course be illustrated in many ways and from several angles, but in the end one must always return to the assertion of the same formula."