The always offended will find something else. Honestly, we are at Ibrox and celebrate the Forces Day. If someone finds this offensive, you'd have to ask why he's watching? Which brings us to the question: where did he watch it? Did he sign a RTV-subscription to be offended?

Oh, I thought we go to Ibrox to watch Rangers? It's never sat right with me this type of "celebration". I have great respect for our ordinary soldiers, but they must be seen to represent the entire population of the "country". The holding of the Ulster scarf was a severe error of judgement on their part. Youtube is awash with videos of it, you didn't have to watch it live to see what happened.

A normal parade would have left them with nothing to complain about. Allowing them to break ranks and sing and dance with the support while they are on the pitch is asking for trouble. I'm in no way attempting to defend the mock offended bead rattlers, but I just think we need to box a bit smarter when it comes to these events. I'm actually surprised that the military bosses allowed it to happen.

Do the group on here who think we should just apologise and flog ourselves after any "incident" that the Oirsh, Celtic fans, media, politicians don't like? Or do they see my point now that we need to stand up to them and say "oh, you're offended? Tough luck. You are the bigots and your moral compass is knackered. Now fuck off".

Or shall we apologise again. Bend over and look for the next concession we can make?

I don't know why you feel the need to invent a position for 'the group on here' that you disagree with. The stance is clear: from time to time we should stand tough, and from time to time we should box clever.

Hardly the most difficult concept to grasp, I'd have thought. No need to make up bullshit just coz you're angry.

Fans had a chance to show their appreciation for the work and sacrifice of men and women when they were led out onto the pitch at half time by an army band to receive the applause of the crowd.

Supporters had a stunning display as Royal Marine commandos, led by Sergeant Jeffrey, abseiled in to the stadium prior to kick off and hand the match ball over to the referee.

Representatives from each branch of the armed services also lead the teams out onto the pitch prior to kick-off.

The Club was also playing host to senior representatives from each branch of the armed services in the Directors Box, including Major General Nick Eeles, General Officer Commanding Scotland.

Major General Eeles said:

"On behalf of the Armed Forces in Scotland I would like to thank Rangers for inviting 400 members of the Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Army, and Royal Air Force to the match.

"Although Armed Forces Day (AFD) is held in June each year (outside the football season), I was delighted when Rangers came forward with the idea of holding their own annual celebration of AFD once the new season had kicked off.

“I very much hope this inaugural AFD day at Rangers will be repeated annually for many years to come, and that it will you an appropriate opportunity to show your support for today’s generation of selfless, committed and courageous Armed Forces personnel, all of whom are enormously proud to serve their Queen and their country."

Ally McCoist added:

“It’s a fantastic opportunity for us all to show our appreciation for the men and women who sacrifice so much for our country. I am sure the fans will give them an amazing Ibrox welcome.”

All branches of the armed forces were represented at Ibrox and The Rangers Charity Foundation hosted a can collection as part of its new initiative, the Fans Forces Fund.

Erskine and SSAFA won the fans’ vote to share £15,000, which will be donated at the end of the season, and today’s collection is our first step on the way to achieving that target.

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/News-and-Events/Latest-News/2013/September/30/130930-Ibrox

Few points here...

1 - Was there not an instance a while back about a fan getting pulled up for the OB act and was let off as he sang something within fellow supporters and it was thrown out on the basis of "it was unlikley to incite a riot" or something like this? I assume that this would NOT apply to us then??

2 - There has been mention of the videos not having clear audio of the lyrics being sung and yet the reports clearly state some songs?

I don't know why you feel the need to invent a position for 'the group on here' that you disagree with. The stance is clear: from time to time we should stand tough, and from time to time we should box clever.

Hardly the most difficult concept to grasp, I'd have thought. No need to make up bullshit just coz you're angry.

IMO there are certainly posters on here and in our online community who think that all we need to do is drop everything that currently offends our opponents and all will be rosy and they will even go after different targets. And yes on this site you are chief among them. I was trying to find (and obviously failed) a collective way of referring to people who have that view point to see if the incident this weekend has in any way change their view. I should have just come up with a name that had "haters" tagged on the end!