Songs about Sands are not sectarian - as was pointed out by Peter Kearney the RC Church spokesman, sectarianism by definition relates to religion and chants about Sands are based on his terrorist activities not his religion. Whether we should be singing about him at all. is of course another question.

People who are arguing about whether they are sectarian, political or whatever aren't even fighting the right battle. As if thats what Celtic and their compliant media and politicians are fighting for. They are trying to censor and silence our fans. They move the goal posts. Anything we do is bad. Anything they do is ok or hidden under some pretence of being political or some other tosh.

To engage them at face value in this propaganda war is foolhardy and we would never win. We need to have a say in what we are actually arguing about and not just defend our own position all the time .The more we cede the more they will come for and you are foolish to believe otherwise.

That cunt greenslade this weekend is a prime example. We celebrate the sacrifice of our armed forces and give them a little in return and it is attacked.

Fight a battle where one side dictates what is being contested and can change that at its own whim and you have no chance of winning.

_________________________________________________________________________________

On a side note, the money being wasted going after fury should be put towards going after this Roy Greenslade in some way. I emailed the Guardian telling them I wont visit their site nor read their paper whilst they give him a platform. Wont do shit but made me feel better.

I don't understand the reference to Penny Arcade, which is a song about playing slot machines. The fact that it is sung at Ibrox and begins with the line "Blue Turned into Green, then it was Red" doesn't make it a Rangers song, nor could it remotely be considered offensive to anyone including the mythical "reasonable person" on the no.9 Clapham Omnibus or the First Bus no. 43 to Parkhead for that matter (if there are any reasonable people who travel on that bus).

The reference to Penny Arcade was in response to a comment that we should not be singing any non-Rangers songs. It seems that those who come out with this don't really mean it and it's just non-Rangers songs that they don't like.

As for you quoting the Bill, those that are talking about offence aren't referring to it. They would be making the same argument been if the Bill had not been passed. I think that they have a reasoned argument (albeit I disagree with it) but it would cheapen it if they referred to some crazy Bill put forward for purely political purposes.

I know from past experience that you won't agree here, but its not that hard to differentiate between songs like 'Penny Arcade' and songs about slimfit jeans wearing Irish terrorists.

It takes a degree of willful denial to say otherwise, tbh.

If it's not that hard then why don't the people that call for us not to sing non-Rangers songs be a little more precise in what they are asking for?

Here you go, then: nothing to do with Northern Ireland during the period 1969-present.

Let's show some class. It's hardly a fit topic for the 90 minute gesture many fans (since those on the other side of this debate are happy to generalise I shall do the same) mutate it into. Like claims of some Presbyterian ethos hanging around Ibrox it is mainly meaningless and as such, taking offence is stupid. But we'd lose nothing by ditching such songs.

@alextomo: Have asked MOD to explain who allowed the Ibrox parade? Is MOD reviewing any such future parades?

Tom English wants the Scottish government to address what happened at Ibrox on Saturday...

matt mcglone ‏@MattMcGlone9 49m

@TomEnglishSport Tom I'm not attempting to be cute in anyway here but don't you think what happened @ Ibrox should be addressed by Scots Gov

Tom English‏@TomEnglishSport

@MattMcGlone9 It went beyond what is acceptable, so yes

The game wasn't on TV apart from Rangers TV. So these people made an effort above and beyond the call of duty, just so they could be offended.

Wonder if I could watch a game at Septic Park just to hear the IRA being lauded, no a call of duty too far for me.

These must be special people, I'm sure Mr Salmond will want to comment on their fortitude and voting power.

The game wasn't on TV apart from Rangers TV. So these people made an effort above and beyond the call of duty, just so they could be offended.

Wonder if I could watch a game at Septic Park just to hear the IRA being lauded, no a call of duty too far for me.

These must be special people, I'm sure Mr Salmond will want to comment on their fortitude and voting power.

It's all on youtube mate,that's what is getting them in a frenzy!