PS We could be Scottish first as we're in the Scottish leagues and British second while we're part of the country. But why be ordinary British when you can be Scottish-British which is a bit more special?

That, along with inclusiveness, this is represented in our squad with mostly Scots plus a smattering of other-British (and an Irishman) and few foreigners.

Well, I've been taking my 7yo to Ibrox for the last 2 seasons and am dreading having to explain to him what half of the shit that the fans sing is actually about.

I cast jealous eyes to the fans of English clubs like Newcastle, and their away days adventures and remember the excitement I experienced when I was younger about travelling to Dens or Tynecastle. I enjoyed it until the fat bastards at the back of the bus started singing shitty Irish songs. Then I look at the Geordies or Man U fans and how they go to the football and sing football songs.

It's a sad reflection of our fans that in the year 2013, we are still singing about Bobby Sands, the IRA, the YCV, Derry's walls etc. It's even sadder that in times when our club has been on it's knees for 2/3 years, some fans continue to give wankers like George Galloway the ammunition to discredit our fans on Twitter and give haters the opportunity to write stuff that shifts focus from our real desire to remove the Board.

As I said previously, the fans and in particular, the guys in BF1 need to box clever and outsmart the journos.

You're living in some fantasy Disney football Land, were everything Hi ho, hi ho it's off to football we go. I have been to St James's Park, Stadium of Light, Old Trafford and many more grounds in England and the atmosphere is worse (depending who the visitors are) than you'll ever find at Ibrox barring a visit from the Vhermin. Songs of hate and abuse are sung regularly between clubs supporters although religion is never the subject. But hateful songs about Munich plane crash, Hillsborough disaster are routine.

As for the Vhermin they are the very precise meaningof Fascists, if blowing up people and murdering innocents civilians for political gain and then glorifying in that terrorism,. If that does not describe fascism in your book then i suggest you go back to school and learn your history.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

You're living in some fantasy Disney football Land, were everything Hi ho, hi ho it's off to football we go. I have been to St James's Park, Stadium of Light, Old Trafford and many more grounds in England and the atmosphere is worse (depending who the visitors are) than you'll ever find at Ibrox barring a visit from the Vhermin. Songs of hate and abuse are sung regularly between clubs supporters although religion is never the subject. But hateful songs about Munich plane crash, Hillsborough disaster are routine.

As for the Vhermin they are the very precise meaningof Fascists, if blowing up people and murdering innocents civilians for political gain and then glorifying in that terrorism,. If that does not describe fascism in your book then i suggest you go back to school and learn your history.

Why does it always come down to what other clubs/fans do? Why can't we be the ones who set the standard high? Just because septic fans sing crap doesn't mean we should.

Why does it always come down to what other clubs/fans do? Why can't we be the ones who set the standard high? Just because septic fans sing crap doesn't mean we should.

Couldn't agree more, but what ever high standard we set for ourselves it will never be high enough for other clubs support that want us dragged through the mud of their lies and agenda though.

I do agree, but I disagree with using expressions like 'knuckle dragging neanderthals' because (a) that's what Spiers calls us and, de facto, that means it must be inaccurate; (b) we were all young and daft once (guilty conscience ahoy)and © recent research suggests the poor old Neaderthals were quite cultured.

Education rather than abuse, I say. We'll never persuade anyone by slagging them off, even if some deserve it.

You been watching re-runs of Kung Fu? Getting all wise and fucking zen master on us? ;)

But, fair enough. Any argument that has me agreeing with Spiers and insulting tribes of cultured, tool using, Early Europeans would seem to be one I'm on the wrong side of.

Must admit that when I read Two Brothers by Ben Elton his description of the Nazis kept reminding me of Celtic fans. The most uncanny one was that the Nazis ironically felt that they were the victims who were conspired against and abused so that any atrocities they did were always justified.

Couldn't agree more, but what ever high standard we set for ourselves it will never be high enough for other clubs support that want us dragged through the mud of their lies and agenda though.

Oh I know, but then we give them plenty ammunition currently. Just fed up of it, those who insist on their right to sing these songs are dragging the club & the rest of us into it. It makes our fight even harder.

Oh I know, but then we give them plenty ammunition currently. Just fed up of it, those who insist on their right to sing these songs are dragging the club & the rest of us into it. It makes our fight even harder.

Penny Arcade is considered sectarian by the Fascists, should we stop singing it?