Guest Night Owl

Rino & GVB

Simply because they are the only ones I've seen who went on to actually get it done at the highest end of the game.

No disrespect to everyone else, as we've had some class players, even our man Klos came with a European medal.

But I believe when phrases like World Class gets thrown around it cheapens the value.

Rino & GVB

Simply because they are the only ones I've seen who went on to actually get it done at the highest end of the game.

No disrespect to everyone else, as we've had some class players, even our man Klos came with a European medal.

But I believe when phrases like World Class gets thrown around it cheapens the value.

Do you think Goram was world class?

Ah, the scientific route... ;)

I think Gio is our most decorated player in that respect even if Rino and Caniggia both won the World Cup

Would disagree there Frankie, I think Rino has to be the most decorated with two champions league and a world cup medal. Compared to Gio's 1 champions league medal.

I suppose it depends on how you to define world class.

I'm not old enough to have seen Baxter play but I've heard he was genuinely world class. We have had guys like Gazza and others but I don't think they were world class when they played for us.

Guest Night Owl
Do you think Goram was world class?

I want to say yes, as I remember the big man in goal for us however Keepers are a special type of player.

He's always said a keeper is only as good as the defence in front of him, which is modest but true. Goram was well protected in his time at Ibrox, and the league we played in ( although being better than today ) wasn't up to much.

I'd have liked to see him move on and prove himself on the world stage with other clubs to show that he can be as good elsewhere but in saying that, Goram being world class is an opinion, however I think we can all agree he's a Legend.

I don't mean to tarnish the man in any way but for me, I like players to expand and adapt to new environments over their careers.

Yeah, Gazza was certainly world class. Arguably the biggest scale signing ever to be seen in Scottish Football.

I dont think it is even debatable Frankie.

Biggest scale signing in Scottish football beyond doubt.

I want to say yes, as I remember the big man in goal for us however Keepers are a special type of player.

He's always said a keeper is only as good as the defence in front of him, which is modest but true. Goram was well protected in his time at Ibrox, and the league we played in ( although being better than today ) wasn't up to much.

I'd have liked to see him move on and prove himself on the world stage with other clubs to show that he can be as good elsewhere but in saying that, Goram being world class is an opinion, however I think we can all agree he's a Legend.

I don't mean to tarnish the man in any way but for me, I like players to expand and adapt to new environments over their careers.

I get where you are coming from but for me, Goram was by far one of the greatest keepers in the world whilst playing for us. When he hit 'world level' with the champions league (Leeds away to name one) or the Euro's with Scotland (pretty sure he made the team of the tournament) his ability shone through. Also his performances against the beggars in what we will obviously describe as the biggest pressure game out there speak for themselves.

And the PVH save? oaft.

Goram, easily, was world class.

Annoys the life out of me to see guys like Joe Hart being branded as world class, jeez after one good season in the EPL he was at one stage the best keeper in the world. Modern day world class keepers, Neuer, Cezh, Casillas, Buffon .............. yip, all on Goram's level :-)