I fail to see how you can say that the charges were dropped when the court records show that:

Mr David Cunningham King, the accused in the case of The State versus DC King (Case no.: CC257/2005 - otherwise referred to as the King 1 case), today entered a plea of guilty in the South Gauteng High Court held at Palm Ridge, on 41 counts of various contraventions of section 75 of the Income Tax Act 58 of 1962, as per the indictment.

I was referring to criminal charges rather than tax avoidance charges. He was being threatened with fraud charges etc. Perhaps I should have stated that the general perception within the South African public is that he was being blackmailed by the Police into entering back into a settlement agreement with SARS.

I fail to see how you can say that the charges were dropped when the court records show that:

Mr David Cunningham King, the accused in the case of The State versus DC King (Case no.: CC257/2005 - otherwise referred to as the King 1 case), today entered a plea of guilty in the South Gauteng High Court held at Palm Ridge, on 41 counts of various contraventions of section 75 of the Income Tax Act 58 of 1962, as per the indictment.

I was referring to criminal charges rather than tax avoidance charges. He was being threatened with fraud charges etc. Perhaps I should have stated that the general perception within the South African public is that he was being blackmailed by the Police into entering back into a settlement agreement with SARS.

Tax avoidance is not a criminal offence, tax evasion IS a criminal offence.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

It surprises me more isn't known about King. I understand some want to keep a low profile, but buying a stake in Rangers isn't the way to do that I'd have thought.

I'm not convinced he was a victim of anything with regards his tax case. The little I've read on the case suggests he was doing some serious 'avoidance', but it's far too complicated for me to understand.

I don't doubt he's a bluenose and loves the club, it's the other facets of the man I'm curious about.

He IS a convicted criminal according to the court records, see other thread.[/i]

Which thread? You've spammed almost every current thread on the forum with your interpretation of Dave King as a convicted criminal.

My eyes are hurting! :eek:

Watching Graham Lineghan on QI over the weekend it struck me that he has an identical voice to Tom English. Not just accent, obviously, but cadence and tone - if you close your eyes you don't know which is which, except of course Graham doesn't usually insist on ascribing blame to Walter Smith in his comedies.

Tom seems to imagine that, every June, Walter would trundle up to Murray's office to be told his budget for the coming season, at which point Walter would raise a cautionary hand, and say 'Now, just hold on there Sir David! Can we be sure all this money is accounted for and affordable? As manager, I have to take an interest in more than just the team, and I won't let my total lack of knowledge of the business side hold me back. Now, where does each pound come from? Once we've decided how legitimate and sensible this budget is, I'll maybe go out and spend it!'

This scenario is, of course, repeated at football grounds up and down the country on a yearly cycle, akin to the Wagner festival of Bayreuth or the Passion plays of, I dunno, Padua. Club accountants are sick of it! Managers insisting that the finances be double checked before players are bought, finance firms being brought in to run an eye over the books 'just in case'...

Last week's dispiriting English/Spence double act lowered Pacific Quay back into the obsessed bullshit pit, similar to Jabba the Hutt's Sarlac pit but smellier and less appealing, that they had briefly threatened to crawl out from, not entirely coincidentally while one of the two was on 'holiday'.

Which thread? You've spammed almost every current thread on the forum with your interpretation of Dave King as a convicted criminal.

My eyes are hurting! :eek:

Thread: Dave King - A Criminal???? at #11.

Sorry, didn't realise I was spamming, just responding to the various threads where his name has been mentioned; can I send you some eye drops.

With respect, though it's not my interpretation, it's what the court records say.

That said, I'll give it a rest, for a few hours anyway; to give your eyes time to recover.

There was another BH didn't want at Rangers, cannot remember the guys name, but he certainly stopped him.

It was John Bennett a massive, wealthy and successful Bluenose and one of the signatories to the original requisition requesting an EGM.

Read this and weep

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?40487-UPDATE-Conversation-with-Mr-John-Bennett-(Blue-Knights)

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?42094-John-Bennett-Withdraws-from-The-Blue-Knights-Consortium