I was pretty happy when we signed Daly as I think a tall striker who's strong in the air is always a great option to have - especially in British football. Add in his defensive versatility and experience then his signing was a no-brainer really.

Perhaps his presence does mean we use the long ball more often than we should but who can complain when the guy keeps scoring from them. Even so, he's more than decent on the ground as well so I'd hope he'll get even better as the team settles into the more expansive football we have seen glimpses of this season.

Not going to lie, certainly loving sitting being unbeaten in the league this year, it's a nice feeling

And if anything it signals a bit of a warning to the SPL that after a tough first season we are beginning to click and on our way back....

I accept it's not going to happen but to pull that flag out at a match would be very funny. I remember when the Dublin Loyal banner first started appearing apparently a section of the Celtic support went nuts trying to find out who they were.

If we appropriated their flag they'd spontaneously combust, I nice big Jon Daly Loyal across the top would set it off perfectly.

I recall when we signed Basil Boli (we signed Laudrup at the same time, I was more excited by Boli, just goes to show what I know about football) someone who wrote for Follow Follow in the days when it was a fanzine contacted the Ivory Coast embassy to find out what their flag looked like with the intention of welcoming Abidjan's most famous son to Ibrox.

Let's just say he opted for the French flag instead.