Fernando Ricksen fighting Motor Neurone Disease

Around about the 20 minute mark.

http://dewerelddraaitdoor.vara.nl/media/302895

Poor guy. My heart goes out to him.

I had just watched this after googling his name and coming up with it. As even anyone who doesn't speak Dutch can hear his speech is extremely slurred. He has just had a book written for him called vechtlust which means Stride or the will to fight.

He said he has opened his heart to his drug and Alcohol problems and his love for getting women into bed. Unfortunately the programme were more interested in questioning him, and he seemed to think, his best trophy was getting Jorden into bed and having a wild night with her. A bit disappointing for a Rangers captain to be honest. If you are going to play with drugs for most of your life then you can expect problems later in life. It is sad but self inflicted and you reap what you sow mostly.

I had just watched this after googling his name and coming up with it. As even anyone who doesn't speak Dutch can hear his speech is extremely slurred. He has just had a book written for him called vechtlust which means Stride or the will to fight.

He said he has opened his heart to his drug and Alcohol problems and his love for getting women into bed. Unfortunately the programme were more interested in questioning him, and he seemed to think, his best trophy was getting Jorden into bed and having a wild night with her. A bit disappointing for a Rangers captain to be honest. If you are going to play with drugs for most of your life then you can expect problems later in life. It is sad but self inflicted and you reap what you sow mostly.

MND is nothing to do with drugs.

MND is nothing to do with drugs.

When you take drugs Craig you open your self up to all sort of illnesses. I don't know what MND is to be honest but I do find myself having not a lot of sympathy with people who misuse their bodies. And that also includes myself as a prime example.

Guy I know who was diagnosed 2yrs ago and he's still at work, and dare I say it, he's never looked better last time I saw him which was 3 months ago.

Here's hoping he can still lead a purposeful and active life for many years to come.