Scottish Cup 4th Round Draw: Falkirk v Rangers

I actually find it rather strange that the "No excuses"-brigade is upping the ante already. As if they have started watching football last week. We sure have a far better team than last season, but we still play the game that is called football. Freak results will happen and generally they do not reflect the true state of affairs. Falkirk, much like Dunfermline tonight, are a step up from our weekly affairs and will provide a sterner test to this current Rangers team. Should we be able to beat them 9 out of 10? Yes, of course. Is it a certainty though? I wouldn't think so.

Even when we do we know there are problems Rab. I can't understand anyone who thinks this will be a hard tie. Getting the excuses in early i think!

Seems to me you're getting your excuses in early for any Ally bashing should there not be a walkover.

Where is you proof that Aberdeens wage bill is anything close to £5m? Which btw is nowhere near ours.

Falkirk are not the same team they were under Pressley, they have lost several of their better players and also lost a very good manager.

I fully expect us to make it harder than it should be.

I don't have any real proof, I just read the post here:

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?59991-Aberdeen-s-annual-account-are-out

Says £5.26m for wages.

I thought ours was now around £6m which is also suggested here (I know it's the Mail but it was the latest reference I could find with a quick search):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2443297/Rangers-boss-Ally-McCoist-set-agree-400-000-wage-cut.html

I can't really vouch for the veracity of my sources but I can't imagine they'd be that far out.

If they are correct, there's not that much difference between the two, although it does depend on your definition of, "nowhere near".

So how about reciprocating and stating what numbers do you have and where you sourced them?

I've no idea how good Falkirk are these days but there is enough history of banana skins and difficult games against teams like this from far more expensive Rangers teams to take an easy game for granted. An away game with a squad which is hardly more expensive than an upper SPL team means the gap is not as great as it used to be.

I think some people forget that while lower clubs' players are not as good as more expensive ones, they can still play football to a pretty skillful level. We're not employing guys with super powers. There is no team that I know of in the world that wins every game against lesser opposition.