now we are talking about lawwell

now they are having a go at the rst.

now we are on the billy boys. our razor gang anthem.

I had a fair bit of sympathy for the point about Lawell. But like the point about 'bastardised anthems' I think it is a case of mistaken priorities. The club is not going to be in a position to do anything if it is being run poorly.

The point about the R.S.T. is frustrating to listen to. The chap pointed out that he thought the R.S.T. was impotent and that we should only have one group then crowned it with a dig about certain individuals standing aside. I don't take this line of argument seriously as I think it has multiple obvious problems. Firstly if there are members of the R.S.T. who think certain individuals should stand aside then those members have a chance to do so each year yet they don't. Secondly all fans have an opportunity to try and set up a potent organisation yet this does not happen. Third there is no real way to prevent groups of fans organising themselves in order to pursue various interests. Fourth there is no real barrier to Rangers supporters from different groups working together where common cause exists.

When someone mentions the idea of one group we should ask them what shape it should take and why they are not setting it up.