Hutton is terrible. Bringing up one match is pretty laughable. Ricky Foster looked like a world beater against Valencia but we all know he's useless.

Foster's not in the same league as Alan Hutton or Stephen Whittaker but he's not "useless", he's a decent professional footballer especially at the level we're at right now. He was regarded as a good enough RB to let Whittaker play in midfield.

No they wouldn't. You know it and i know it.

Howcome Lewis McLeod managed to get into the first team and stay there ? Only reason being he's good enough and is there on merit. It's the likes of Crawford and McKay which concern me. The best for them just now is to go out on loan like Gasparotto has done and see how they do. If they do well then there's something to work with.If not then maybe it's best to let them go.You can't assume every youngster is a genius being denied their opportunity. Some just aren't good enough

Edited by RANGERRAB

In fairness we signed Cribari because we had a short space of time to bring in an experienced centre-half on a free last summer. With us looking to move on Boca and Goian we'd have had no experienced players there at all. In hindsight we could probably have gotten a cheaper and better option from a lower league side, but you can't blame the coaching staff for taking a look at the player and his CV and thinking he'd fit the bill.

Who else can you/we blame? Someone must be responsible. Replacing Boca and Goian is a moot point tbh because those were players signed under completely different circumstances and for the top tier as opposed to the third tier. As for Cribari, well I'm all for getting in some experience, but a 33 year old? You don't need to sign a 33 year old to get experience!

I agree we could have managed without Foster. Mitchell did a decent job at RB last season. Faure's done a good job there this season and we also still had Darren Cole at the time. There's not much experience between them but it seems to be historically a position which doesn't bother our managers too much on that front. Smith is debatable because we had no established cover for LB.

The signings of Foster and Smith were just completely baffling. I couldn't understand it at all.

We made some good signings this summer, but arguably even some of the best ones were unnecessary. Some of our best young players have been pushed out of position or struggled for game time as a result.

Exactly!

As for the fans being more excited by young players, that's fine so long as the players are exciting enough to watch in the first place never mind once the novelty wears off.

We've got some talented youngsters, but what you mention is obviously an issue and a different approach should have been taken. When we were hammered with the unjustified signing embargo, the first thing some of us were thinking was, right, let's get some top class U18 talent signed up, but what happened on that front? Answer? Instead of signing one, two, maybe three top class youngsters, we signed very very average level experienced players. I see a lot of fans talking about missed opportunities with footballing philosophies, but in all honesty, the biggest missed opportunity of all is not signing any top class U18 talent while we were wrongfully under the transfer embargo.

Some fans claim to have the patience for the inconsistency of performance that tends to come hand in hand with an inexperienced side. In general though, I think us Rangers fans are far too used to winning and anything less (particularly at this level) wouldn't be accepted.

Winning isn't everything when your club is trying to recover from a company and ownership disaster while building for the future in the best possible manner.

Ultimately, I think a lot of people have been let down with how things have been approached and done over the past 2 years, all the way from players to fans, but staff at the club can't keep passing the buck for poor decisions onto the ongoing turmoil because at some point the turmoil will end.

On the whole I think that's true; Ally has always tended to play even mediocre players he has brought in, ahead of the talented youngsters. But it might be changing a little. McLoed has essentially forced his way into the team and is noticeable on the rare occasions he has been absent. Two weeks ago, Aird started ahead of Peralta v Forfar and then kept his place ahead of Templeton against Ayr.

McCoist said that was because Arnold was away with his country and was tired mate. Granted Aird kept his place afterwards though Temps has been out of favour all season with numerous players being played out of position instead of him. I think that speaks volumes for what the manager thinks of David.

Howcome Lewis McLeod managed to get into the first team and stay there ? Only reason being he's good enough and is there on merit. It's the likes of Crawford and McKay which concern me. The best for them just now is to go out on loan like Gasparotto has done and see how they do. If they do well then there's something to work with.If not then maybe it's best to let them go.You can't assume every youngster is a genius being denied their opportunity. Some just aren't good enough

He was in the first team last year because we had no one else. No other reason. The wee man grabbed his chance and has become a golden boy at the club. McKay should be playing for us on the flanks, not someone else. Let him grow into playing for us. He is exactly what we need on the flanks. Him, Temps and Aird should be fighting it out for the two wide places. Fwiw, i wasn't talking about the likes of Crawford(who i don't rate at all) and Gasparotto anyway, i am on about the next batch. The Murdochs, Stoneys, Dykes and Telfers. They are ready now to be at least introduced to the first team picture but instead we have passengers like Shiels, Cribari and Smith taking a place on the bench and being paid so much more per week for the trouble.

McCoist said that was because Arnold was away with his country and was tired mate.

That IS what he said and it is true that all that first class flying does take out of you. At least Peralta came back on time which is more than can be said of some in our recent past. However, I think the main point was that Aird was considered good enough to step in ahead of the likes of Templeton, Shiels and say Barry Mackay.

I like what I see of Aird, he has developed well this season and shown that he is much more than just a pace merchant; he is a threat to score as well as a creator of chances for others.

Just saw Ally on SSN. it's just plain embarassing. He's saying he wants players in not out. Had no idea that cuts were needed. Does he really think the support are taken in with his little media games. I want a Rangers manager who is competent and mature enough to work with his boss to do whats right for this club.

I also found Allys interview rather astonishing. Sure our team needs improved, every team does but we have over 10 imposters, passengers, call them whatever, over 10 players we need out the door before anymore come in surely. As for being surprised that costs need cut. Not the brightest statement from Super.