Would we have a right back left?

Promote from within until a time comes where we can attract or even afford a first team right back. We may end up with another Alan Hutton if we are lucky. Worst case scenario they struggle but let's be honest everyone we have tried there in last 3 years have struggled. Bonus there is the high earners are off the books. Personally I would rather see more of our own kids than more Faures or Fosters.

Alan Hutton was one of the original Andy Little's or whoever else is chosen to be pilloried irrespective of his actual contribution.

Not too long ago I was about the only poster on here who rated Hutton. And it took many fans about 4 months to realise how well he was playing when he had his best season with us. Many have their opinion on a player and it's set almost forever. Like Hutton it takes people forever to change it.

Laughable that many want a lot of young players thrown out the squad yet cite Hutton as an example of what we could end with from the kids below the first team. Most would have tossed out Hutton before he "came good".

Alan Hutton was one of the original Andy Little's or whoever else is chosen to be pilloried irrespective of his actual contribution.

Not too long ago I was about the only poster on here who rated Hutton. And it took many fans about 4 months to realise how well he was playing when he had his best season with us. Many have their opinion on a player and it's set almost forever. Like Hutton it takes people forever to change it.

Laughable that many want a lot of young players thrown out the squad yet cite Hutton as an example of what we could end with from the kids below the first team. Most would have tossed out Hutton before he "came good".

i was at a game v hearts and hutton was destroying them. the guy in front of me was giving him dogs abuse. all of this 3 months before he went to spurs for 9 million.

Hutton came good very young, did he not? Debut at 18 and a £9m transfer before his 25th birthday. Sure he was inconsistent but what kid isn't? At least Alan showed that he had something special in his locker even in his teens. He was playing in the big league against the best players, in Europe and for his country. The likes of Andy Little, Ross Perry and Kyle Hutton will never be in his league. We have seen more than enough of them to know that.