Because, lets be honest, we will never raise more cash with spending unchecked!

Absolutely no question that we have to slash costs in order to attract more investment until we can increase income though Europe; although a more competitive league next season will allow an increase in season ticket prices and hopefully sponsorship and commercial deals.

Absolutely no question that we have to slash costs in order to attract more investment until we can increase income though Europe; although a more competitive league next season will allow an increase in season ticket prices and hopefully sponsorship and commercial deals.

European revenue is nice and should be seen only as a bonus. Never should it be used and assumed to manage annual budgets. Our business model must work around what our turnover is as an SPL club, around the £40m mark as oldco. That is what we are. Should any extra revenue come our way through European football or player sales, it should be used wisely to help develop the club and team.

Martin Bain budgeted for European football far too often only for us to fall at the first hurdle leaving us running at a loss. We cannot let that happen again.

European revenue is nice and should be seen only as a bonus. Never should it be used and assumed to manage annual budgets. Our business model must work around what our turnover is as an SPL club, around the £40m mark as oldco. That is what we are. Should any extra revenue come our way through European football or player sales, it should be used wisely to help develop the club and team.

Martin Bain budgeted for European football far too often only for us to fall at the first hurdle leaving us running at a loss. We cannot let that happen again.

I think if you would be good enough to re-read what I said I didn't say that European revenue should be in the budget, I said "increase income".

Actually I more or less agree with you, though I think it is almost inevitable that if we are going to be able to attract and retain better quality players in future, some Euro money will have to come into the picture.

Worrying about CL budgets should be the last thing on our minds at the moment. As unpalatable as it may be, we are a country mile behind them in every single department. Let's try run before we can walk. I wouldn't trust this current mob to even guarantee us Europa football.

If we stop them doing 10 in a row, I can meet my maker a happy man. I couldn't care less about 6 games a season in the Cl, at this moment in time.

Worrying about CL budgets should be the last thing on our minds at the moment. As unpalatable as it may be, we are a country mile behind them in every single department. Let's try run before we can walk. I wouldn't trust this current mob to even guarantee us Europa football.

If we stop them doing 10 in a row, I can meet my maker a happy man. I couldn't care less about 6 games a season in the Cl, at this moment in time.

The point I was trying to make is that current investors make assumptions about what might happen in the future in order to assess the likely income/profitability of the club.

Of course, in a football sense, we have to walk before we can run.

I think if you would be good enough to re-read what I said I didn't say that European revenue should be in the budget, I said "increase income".

Actually I more or less agree with you, though I think it is almost inevitable that if we are going to be able to attract and retain better quality players in future, some Euro money will have to come into the picture.

I didn't mean to come across like you did Brahim. It was more a general point to everyone.

Using European money is fine if it is used after it is earned but spending it before it is earned got us in the shit before and i don't want to see that happen again.