Hate to put a dampener on all of this but does anyone think there is now big pressure on Ally given today's draw & the fact the semis are at Ibrox?

IMO he must at least get to the final.

Absolutely, he is under pressure alright and I am expecting to reach the final,simply because we will beat Albion @ home and we are @ home for the semi.

Our draw is about as easy as it could be, so there's no reason to complain, but I wouldn't have been disappointed with a home draw against Inverness or St Johnstone.

A good competitive game against higher standard opposition would have made for a decent game and hopefully provided a bit of worthwhile preparation for the semi-final.

Ally isn't under any pressure at all. He is as untouchable to us as Neil Lennon is to the Scottish media and footballing authorities.

People are either underestimating or completely ignoring just how much sh*te and mediocrity a section of our fans will put up with. Super Ally is our poster boy and he will succeed, apparently.

Ally isn't under any pressure at all. He is as untouchable to us as Neil Lennon is to the Scottish media and footballing authorities.

If he is then he shouldn't be. He should be judged on results.

Today he got a big slice of luck. He must take full advantage now or else questions must be asked. Losing a SC semi at Ibrox could prove his downfall IMO.

I didn't even consider winning the Scottish Cup this season, a good run to the quarters was decent for me but now after that round of games plus the draw I think the cup is there for the taking and Ive gone from any game being a bonus to believing we can lift the cup now. There isn't a team in it who has a better squad IMO.

The only worry is we aren't playing full time and top flight opposition week in week out so coming up against Inverness, Dundee Utd or Aberdeen may catch the players out on the day.

But lets get past Albion first then see who else is left in it, like someone mentioned earlier I think Dumbarton is a potential upset. The other bonus is our fans wont be making any trips to Pittodrie or Tannadice.

People are either underestimating or completely ignoring just how much sh*te and mediocrity a section of our fans will put up with. Super Ally is our poster boy and he will succeed, apparently.

You are one tortured individual about Ally's status at the moment. He has us 20+ points clear in the league, in the Ramsden's Cup Final, and we have just witnessed an emphatic and reasonably well-played game to get us into the quarter-final of the SC. With the other results in the SC to be enjoyed this weekend, just what the fuck is your problem?

If we get to the semis of the SC and the team plays terrible and gets knocked out, then you can start your lamenting. Until that happens can you let the rest of us enjoy the osmotic joy of anticipation?

I have supported Rangers for 59 years and I don't remember a season, not one, where there was not at least a few shite games.

Thank you.

You are one tortured individual about Ally's status at the moment. He has us 20+ points clear in the league, in the Ramsden's Cup Final, and we have just witnessed an emphatic and reasonably well-played game against a league from our own lower tier division to get us into the quarter-final of the SC. With the other results in the SC to be enjoyed this weekend, just what the fuck is your problem?

If we get to the semis of the SC and the team plays terrible and gets knocked out, then you can start your lamenting. Until that happens can you let the rest of us enjoy the osmotic joy of anticipation?

I have supported Rangers for 59 years and I don't remember a season, not one, where there was not at least a few shite games.

Thank you.

You are building him up as if he is managing us in the Champions League and English Premiership ffs. Forget the givens, those diddy trophies were always ours. The fact we even failed to win one last year makes matters all the more serious. This Scottish Cup is our real test, given our luxurious luxuries and resources, the big cups are where we should be at. It is where we belong, bottom tier or top tier. It's who we are and i will argue against anyone who tries to downplay our expectations or ambitions, i won't have it, not that you are doing that of course.

This season again, for the third season running, we have had more than a few shite games, we have made shite games an art form so much so fans have simply stopped going even to see us win. I can count on one hand the number of enjoyable games we have played this season. It hasn't been pretty at all.

If he is then he shouldn't be. He should be judged on results.

Today he got a big slice of luck. He must take full advantage now or else questions must be asked. Losing a SC semi at Ibrox could prove his downfall IMO.

Not a chance in hell Rab and deep down i believe you know it.

You are building him up as if he is managing us in the Champions League and English Premiership ffs. Forget the givens, those diddy trophies were always ours. The fact we even failed to win one last year makes matters all the more serious. This Scottish Cup is our real test, given our luxurious luxuries and resources, the big cups are where we should be at. It is where we belong, bottom tier or top tier. It's who we are and i will argue against anyone who tries to downplay our expectations or ambitions, i won't have it, not that you are doing that of course.

This season again, for the third season running, we have had more than a few shite games, we have made shite games an art form so much so fans have simply stopped going even to see us win. I can count on one hand the number of enjoyable games we have played this season. It hasn't been pretty at all.

First of all, when you quote my last post don't be adding any words that were not included in that post.

I am not building Ally up with any exaggerated hype, I simply stated where he has us at so far this season. Now as I see the situation, the difference between you and I is that you feel that we are entitled to be handed these 'diddy trophies', whereas I think we have to work for every thing we get.

If you remember at the start of last season we had about a week to grab whatever free transfers we could get before the sanctions hit. The standard of football we played was not good but we won the league and progressed, that was real. At the start of this season we were able to grab 9 more 'frees' after the sanctions were removed. All we have spent so far is wages, a bit high perhaps but we are still in existence and progressing in 3 of 4 competitions, that is real. In the last window we could not afford to buy anybody because the spivs had first dibs on our funds, that is real.

I should say I admire your passion and ambition for Rangers, that's great. However, I do think your expectations at this point are unrealistic and it might suit you better to ratchet back the rhetoric. Whether you will 'have it' or not, the situation is what it is.

I think I can safely say that there are none among the hundreds of thousands of Rangers' fans worldwide who do not firmly believe that we shall once again rise to the top echelons of our sport. The only question is how soon this is attainable, realistically.

In the meantime, get used to the smell of shite, it may linger for a while.