Good digging barca, I'd be inclined to send an application now and let it sit uneasily in Doncaster's inbox. Ally could accidentally let it slip that we have submitted it and then let the pressure mount on them to assist.

PR works both ways and it's time we used it to our own advantage.

Good digging barca, I'd be inclined to send an application now and let it sit uneasily in Doncaster's inbox. Ally could accidentally let it slip that we have submitted it and then let the pressure mount on them to assist.

PR works both ways and it's time we used it to our own advantage.

You would think that, even if there is a nominal cost to the club for the process, Mr. Wallace and the board have already forwarded a request. At the very least we would force the SFA's hand and see how they are going to jump.

As gunslinger pointed out in another thread, the paranoid and conspiracy spinners may actually find some gold in our home draw against Albion, who "missed out" on us last and this season. Whereas all others in former SFL 3 and Division 2 received the Blue Pound from the legions.

Unfortunately it isn't just as straightforward as is suggested here. Please see my post #5 http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?58698-Extraordinary-UEFA-Application, for one thing there are other criteria apart from the purely financial.

Although we are now in a position that few would have dreamed of vis-a-vis the Scottish Cup this season; I still think it will be very hard for the SFA to make a case for us based on 1 year's loss making accounts, even if they are minded to do so. On the other hand I agree that asking the question (and I would be shocked and indeed would view it as a grave dereliction of duty if the question had not already been asked) certainly puts the SFA on the spot.

Also I do now feel that if the SFA put forward a positive case based on (being forced to acknowledge) our history and sporting merit i.e. wining the Scottish Cup (and what an incentive that would give the team) UEFA might actually welcome it and most likely would say, well if the SFA is putting this team forward then we should accept. In fact I think it would be hard for them to say NO. I suspect that there would be quite a lobby from within Europa League hopefuls around Europe for Rangers to be included rather than say ICT or Raith Rovers.

We've still got to win the Cup, but if we do we will be able to count on the support of our national and local broadcasters to mount vigourous campaigns to enter the Euro competition won't we?

Terrible dilemma for them. On the one hand all the junketting that goes with foreign trips but on the other supporting the Rangers. Keep you awake at night that, if you're a TV Tim or a radio rhebel or even if you're Richard Gordon.