While I see the point that the RFFF should stick to their original mandate, this action could in the end cost nothing at all as it could force Easdale to reconsider the law suit which to me looks frivolous, with the sole purpose of intimidating someone who doesn't possess the means to fully defend themselves.

I don't think he's much chance of winning substantial damages and so it's like having a poor hand but threatening to put in a huge raise against someone who can't afford to call. Once they are bankrolled the bluff can be called, and so the raise in stakes probably doesn't happen.

While I see the point that the RFFF should stick to their original mandate, this action could in the end cost nothing at all as it could force Easdale to reconsider the law suit which to me looks frivolous, with the sole purpose of intimidating someone who doesn't possess the means to fully defend themselves.

I don't think he's much chance of winning substantial damages and so it's like having a poor hand but threatening to put in a huge raise against someone who can't afford to call. Once they are bankrolled the bluff can be called, and so the raise in stakes probably doesn't happen.

Agreed Calscot. I very much think that Easdale's legal team is flying a kite.

The RFFF was set up to help the club and financially assisting a guy who is being sued is not in tune with its intent, but the RFFF seems to be a law unto itself.

Who will hold it to account if it spends money on a cause inconsistent with its declared aim? If I remember correctly, it gave money to Dunfermline shortly after it was up and running and this was a voluntary payout that went against its stated aims. Perhaps others will remember the detail.

I wouldn't want to see this chap ruined if the case goes the distance so a fund to help him is a good idea, but if the RFFF picks up the tab it is going to alienate a good number of fans who contributed to it and cause further division within the support. An independent fund is surely a better option because it can be supported by those who specifically wish to help and ignored by those who do not.

The RFFF looks to have been caught between a rock and a hard place. Maybe that's why it has opted out of making a decision and passed the buck to a more general meeting - whatever that means.

The RFFF web site is "temporarily unavailable" and apparently the financial records were removed at some point but I found its aims here:

http://m.realradio-scotland.co.uk/my-real/news/rangers-fc-in-turmoil/fans-fighting-fund-launched/0c54c

Rangers legends Walter Smith, Ally McCoist and Sandy Jardine have launched the 'Rangers Fans Fighting Fund'.

They're asking supporters worldwide to back the club they love by making donations to generate revenue throughout the administration process and beyond.

The 'Rangers Fans Fighting Fund' will allow supporters to make cash donations towards the club's running costs.

A media release from Rangers said: "This Fund compliments the Club's own initiatives to sell out the remaining games of the season at Ibrox.

"Money raised through the 'Fighting Fund' will go to the Club's running costs and supporters can contribute right now to the secured Rangers Assembly bank account."

Whatever one's views of Mr Houston or the threat of litigation against him, contributing to his legal fees does not appear to be consistent with those aims and I don't see how a vote of members could change that since contributions were made presumably on the basis of the aims.

Does the RFFF have a constitution and if so would such a meeting be constitutional?

I would suggest that if folks want to support Mr Houston financially a separate fund is established for that specific purpose.

If this was Liewell suing me foe calling him that people would love this idea. can't see the difference just because it's easdale it's an attack on a rangers fan. A whole unwarranted one.

That's why I will vote yes.

Just my view

My view wouldn't change. It's still not what the RFFF cash is for.

Ps I wasn't at all for paying dunfermline just to annoy Dundee Utd. That was greens responsibility and I see no need to favour the Pars they truly hate us as much as utd. But that's democracy for you.

Not sure where democracy comes into it.

My view wouldn't change. It's still not what the RFFF cash is for.

Not sure where democracy comes into it.

I do agree in fairness it's not what it was for. Nor would I want it or take it in my scenario.

It's going to a vote.

Edited by the gunslinger

The RFFF web site is "temporarily unavailable" and apparently the financial records were removed at some point but I found its aims here:

http://m.realradio-scotland.co.uk/my-real/news/rangers-fc-in-turmoil/fans-fighting-fund-launched/0c54c

Rangers legends Walter Smith, Ally McCoist and Sandy Jardine have launched the 'Rangers Fans Fighting Fund'.

They're asking supporters worldwide to back the club they love by making donations to generate revenue throughout the administration process and beyond.

The 'Rangers Fans Fighting Fund' will allow supporters to make cash donations towards the club's running costs.

A media release from Rangers said: "This Fund compliments the Club's own initiatives to sell out the remaining games of the season at Ibrox.

"Money raised through the 'Fighting Fund' will go to the Club's running costs and supporters can contribute right now to the secured Rangers Assembly bank account."

Whatever one's views of Mr Houston or the threat of litigation against him, contributing to his legal fees does not appear to be consistent with those aims and I don't see how a vote of members could change that since contributions were made presumably on the basis of the aims.

Does the RFFF have a constitution and if so would such a meeting be constitutional?

I would suggest that if folks want to support Mr Houston financially a separate fund is established for that specific purpose.

As far as I can see, the RFFF is an entity with a committee and no members.

It has a fund of around half a millions from known and anonymous sources.

It seems to have no elections, little or no accountability, a website that isn't working and an absence of a written constitution.

It seems to be a half-baked, hastily-cobbled together, club-inspired hotch-potch that can basically spend this rather large sum of money in any way that it chooses whether this is in keeping with its original concept or totally alien to it.

It is an example of everything a fan group should not be.

If anyone can add to or amend the above, please feel free to do so.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The fund was set up to benefit the club. I can't think of anything that benefits the club more than allowing it's support to continue to call anyone out that can damage the club from the inside. The knock-on effect of Mr Easdale bankrupting one of our fans out of spite will be felt for years. The petty attitude of some of us about this is depressing. If you donated and aren't happy about it. Write the RFFF an e-mail and request your donation back. Then give us all fucking peace.

The fund was set up to benefit the club. I can't think of anything that benefits the club more than allowing it's support to continue to call anyone out that can damage the club from the inside. The knock-on effect of Mr Easdale bankrupting one of our fans out of spite will be felt for years. The petty attitude of some of us about this is depressing. If you donated and aren't happy about it. Write the RFFF an e-mail and request your donation back. Then give us all fucking peace.

Set up a fund that is specifically designed to prevent the financial collapse of the Rangers fan who is being sued.

The RFFF, if it backs this guy, will have effectively conned thousands of its contributors who would probably never have imagined that their cash could have been spent like this.

Imagine if a separate fund is set up to help the SOS guy, and it spends a large amount of its money on something other than helping the very person that it exists to help.

Wouldn't people be right to be angry that their money had been diverted from its original intention?

When groups are set up to achieve good things, they should be properly and carefully organised. The RFFF doesn't even have a live website with a running total to let fans know how much is in the bank.

The support will surely assist this guy if things get to a dangerous stage, but it should do so in the right manner.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk