Two different things entirely.

There isn't any argument that the Club's finances have been mismanaged.

Equally fans paid for season tickets and got to watch 36 games of football.

Delaying or not buying a season ticket for next year will jeopardise the going concern basis and hence the company's ability to trade and put a team on the park. If that's what you want to happen then you know what to do.

If I've lost the plot then it seems there are others like me around here.

Fans do not pay season tickets to watch 36 games but let us ignore that pile of shit. Your point is valid though - fans should and will pay when they go to a game, how is that jeopardising the going concern? But in your opinion, the fans not paying in May for a league game the following May, 12 months in advance, is the problem? Okay.

Do the players and staff get paid monthly or a year up front? How do the high street businesses manage, do you pay the butcher for your years supply of beef and pick up a silverside roast and a kilo of mince every fortnight for a year?

I note the board wanted 30% apr for their own money up front, how did that fit? Are the mugs that are the fans the only ones who should not take heed? Our rsc ST holders, to a man, pay more for a ST than they would paying game to game. So no financial incentive. I think we all know where the financial incentive falls.

Why do the board need to have our money 12 months ahead of the projected expenditure? And I say this as a ST holder with 2 seats @ £600 each. The answer is that the board need our cash because they have burned £50 million already, that is the problem with the going concern part. They simply want bailed out again. Absolutely not 2 different things entirely - virtually one and the same, joined at the hip.

How people can believe Somers' statement that the fans not paying a year in advance to finance the rape of our club is the problem I do not understand. Trust and transparency indeed.

If you seriously believe "there isn't any argument that the Club's finances have been mismanaged" - sadly drastically understated btw - do you not think it is possible that chucking another £8 million of fans money to the same crooks might go the same way? There is a major constant in all of this, no wonder the board are shitting themselves that it may change.

Perhaps the way the club is, managed, financed and plundered is a bigger threat to the viability of it.

The funny thing is, I have been a virtual lone voice in our rsc saying I will renew my season tickets, even given the director's and major shareholders shenanigans of the last 2 years. No need to suggest I know what to do, the head and the heart know where they stand.

Yet it is the Faure substitution on sunday that is just about breaking me.

Fans do not pay season tickets to watch 36 games but let us ignore that pile of shit.

Sorry to burst yer wee bubble - That is exactly what your season ticket gets you!!!

If you buy an annual pass for the cinema - do you get a say on how the company is run??? No you don't....you get to go & watch a shed load of movies for the next 12 months.

Rangers are selling a product - the opportunity to watch a defined number of games through out a season.

If they bring in all the money up front, in theory then then have a set budget to work from - then know they have £xxm sitting in the bank. If it is paid in instalments, what happens if people default on those payments - money lost to the club, therefore effecting the overall annual budget. In essence it is easier for a business to get payment in one lump sum, then via monthly/quarterly payments.

I do think if there is no instalment option, there are folk who will not renew simply because they can't afford the out-right payment. Those folk may simply choose to pay on a match by match basis.

Sorry to burst yer wee bubble - That is exactly what your season ticket gets you!!!

If you buy an annual pass for the cinema - do you get a say on how the company is run??? No you don't....you get to go & watch a shed load of movies for the next 12 months.

... and you never know what sort of quality the movies of the upcoming year will have either.

Dear Mr Dragonfly Trumpeter,

I will not dignify what you say in #41 by copying it here nor do I see any need to repeat Darther's clear answer at #42.

Whatever has happened in the past, starving the Club of the vital ST monies will not hasten resignations from the current Board; it will just hasten more high priced loans and quite possibly another insolvency event for the Club. It is unfortunate that you do not understand the precarious position of the Club and do not believe the Chairman's statement but these are the unpalatable facts.

It should also be noted that the share price has fallen more than 10% since the announcement, albeit in light trading; but knocking about £2 million off the value of the Club. If anything is calculated to delay the departure of the investors that you do not like, then a fall in the share price is at the top of the list.

Surprisingly perhaps, we do have one point of agreement, namely that it costs about 10% more per game for a ST than it would on a per game basis. This is unusual for any kind of ST and it is something I have railed against whenever I have had an opportunity in the past. However it should be noted that when you buy a ST:

• You are guaranteeing yourself the same seat for every match
  • This seat most likely is in your preferred area and beside the friends you have built up over the years

• It allows you to apply for away league games
  • It allows you to apply for home and away cup ties
  • It allows you to apply for cup semis and finals
  • It allows you to apply for home friendlies
  • It allows you to get your own seat for European games; or in my case a better seat when it is required by UEFA

all of the above on a preferential basis and to pay for all the additional matches through the CC Scheme.

I still don't think it should cost more than paying per game but no one is forcing you to buy a ST.

Before I had one about 15 years ago, I was difficult if not impossible to buy a match day ticket from Rangers and when I did so I had little or no choice of where I sat. So I took to just going to Ibrox and trying to buy one in the street. Most times I got one and often had a choice of seats. One time I didn't, it was against Motherwell and I heard the crowd roar as Rangers scored when I was walking away.

Most of the current Board are not responsible for the financial mismanagement other than not making the cuts to expenditure that are obviously required in line with our current income. That said it is difficult to see where these cuts might fall, given players and other staff will all be on contracts and cutting admin staff to save a few thousand is not cost effective. The major task is to increase revenue and we will see what comes out of the 120-day plan in that respect.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Rangers are selling a product - the opportunity to watch a defined number of games through out a season.

If they bring in all the money up front, in theory then then have a set budget to work from - then know they have £xxm sitting in the bank. If it is paid in instalments, what happens if people default on those payments - money lost to the club, therefore effecting the overall annual budget. In essence it is easier for a business to get payment in one lump sum, then via monthly/quarterly payments.

I do think if there is no instalment option, there are folk who will not renew simply because they can't afford the out-right payment. Those folk may simply choose to pay on a match by match basis.

Annual cinema passes are paid monthly and Cineworld have no issues remaining a going concern

Season tickets are the clubs main source of income for the year....if something effects that income, it's gonna have an effect on the going concern of the business. Don't think there is a need to read any more into it.

Yet even with no threat to season ticket income up front last year it took the inclusion of what now appears to have been an entirely fictitious £2.5m facility in order to see the going concern basis signed off. A large chunk of the impending season ticket monies is earmarked to pay off the emergency loans, even if there were no threat to the lump sum up front income it's doubtful if the auditors would be so willing next time around.