I can't see anything in that article that could be even remotely construed as a lie even given this new info.

He says he wants 50 million in but recognises he might have to put in 30 of that himself.

He never says I want to put in 30 no matter what.

Pro boarders are seriously clutching at straws now.

I can't see anything in that article that could be even remotely construed as a lie even given this new info.

He says he wants 50 million in but recognises he might have to put in 30 of that himself.

He never says I want to put in 30 no matter what.

I don't believe that King has been lying. I'm sure he's reluctant to part with tens of millions, but I believe he will do so if he feels that he has no other realistic option.

I'm not sure that I can say the same about our board.

Implications that King has been lying are misplaced.

True indeed, still, the pendulum about accusations with regard to "lying" et al firmly swings in just one direction for some. King is the Bluenose in this game of power, but he should not be treated differently either. At the end of the day, I would assume that no matter who succeeds here, if the club is safe and well run, all people will be satisfied?

Just a wee point of clarification dB? DK and his possible involvement is a separate issue. Are you satisfied that our club is safe and well run at present?

I don't believe that King has been lying. I'm sure he's reluctant to part with tens of millions, but I believe he will do so if he feels that he has no other realistic option.

I'm not sure that I can say the same about our board.

Implications that King has been lying are misplaced.

Straw clutching at its finest.

It's just as well Dave King would never stoop so low as certain members of the Rangers board and start threatening fellow Rangers fans with legal action for defamation, eh.

Just a wee point of clarification dB? DK and his possible involvement is a separate issue. Are you satisfied that our club is safe and well run at present?

How could I?

The point is, if King does come in and makes his investments, where would his money go? We may all point out that vast amounts of money have gone missing after the IPO et al, whether similar drainage takes place these days is up for debate though.

We are sure losing cash all over the place, more or less because we are a whale in a puddle that tries to at least cling to dolphin status. So say King takes over, what do we expect him to do against losing that money. Will he sack the Sinclairs (at 250k per annum) of the club, reduce the staff to a temporary minimum until we get back to a stage where we can pay them again? Hire CEOs and directors and all working for next to nothing, introduce a wage cap at *insert a wage of your choice* (though we only pay about a third or fourth to our highest earners these days, compared to 2011)? What is he going to do with his money? Will it not be the case that he'll do hardly anything of the above, just bridge the outlay we have that goes beyond any ST income et al? And hoping that somesuch won't be necessary once we hit the CL again? Of course, given his resources, he can become a point of stability for the club and no sane supporter wouldn't love that. Me included.

Still, as far as I am concerned, the current board seems to do its job for the first time in years. Can they safeguard the club's future? Who knows? They probably have a far more difficult task at hand without King's millions. For the time being, I'll await that report and hopefully any suggestions how to tackle the immediate future. At the end of the day, we all want a club that is safe and one that is being run successfully. I'm not 100% (sic!) convinced at this moment and time, that King is the sole answer.

Is anyone on here in the know about how e.g. any upcoming ST money might be siphoned away from the club - as it apparently happened last year?

I still shake my head when people criticise someone for not spending £30 Million of his own money. That's THIRTY MILLION POUNDS! No matter how much money someone has to expect them to hand over that amount of money for something that isn't worth half that and for which he is very unlikely to ever get back is quite something.

I demand to know why Darthter hasn't put £50,000 into Rangers. C'mon, sell your house man, get a second job, you claim to love the club but all you do is bump your gums on here, show you really care by selling your car or a kidney or something.