My concern about King is that he is adopting the wrong approach. I believe he would be better occupied talking to the owners of Rangers and trying to negotiate a selling price.

Why should he have to pay almost twice the value placed by the market?

If he buys the club he can either keep it and fund it or sell it to an organised Rangers support.

An organised Rangers support? You get a good view of Mars at present perhaps there's an organised Rangers support on there because there isn't here on Earth.

I have no time for the present regime. I have no trust in them and I want them removed, but buying them out seems to be unpalatable to DK.

It;s not it's the price they want that's unpalatable.

It might be better for all concerned if he had second thoughts about this.

And then what stand back and continue to let the Board f*&k us up the arse?

DK doesn't want to spend his cash, but want all the rewards.....

He initially told the support he didn't want to give his money to anyone other than the club ie. didn't want to pay shareholders for their shares.

He then told everyone that he had £30m to invest....he's now said that the £30m will only be as a last resort - he'd prefer others to raise the money.

He doesn't want to open his wallet, but is happy to run his mouth off about the current board etc....

As for DK having any shares....i think if he had any, we would know about it....

McColl said he had shares, just not significant amount.

He initially told the support he didn't want to give his money to anyone other than the club ie. didn't want to pay shareholders for their shares.

He then told everyone that he had £30m to invest....he's now said that the £30m will only be as a last resort - he'd prefer others to raise the money.

He doesn't want to open his wallet, but is happy to run his mouth off about the current board etc....

As for DK having any shares....i think if he had any, we would know about it....

Thanks for correction on McColl. Upon reflection I think what he said was that he had no intention of buying any more because he didn't see it as an investible business.

People are getting all worked up about DK not buying shares, to get to any decent share holding without a new share offer he would need to buy the shares from existing institutional investors , and they arent going to sell at the present share price , infact someone posted the figure of 50p per share recently , why would anyone pay almost twice the current price , especially when there very well could be another share offer round the corner.

On another note , there is a strong possibility that any new share offer has already been placed with discounts to existing institutional investors leaving nothing for us the small shareholders.

Just catching up on this after a weekend offline (bliss!)...

I think Tannochside Bear sums up the issue well enough. For me, DK has made the very same mistakes Paul Murray then McCollco did - namely in trying to negotiate with this board and/or an inability to turn his countless statements into demonstrable actions.

What is missing most at Rangers right now is leadership - from the team, to the board to the fans. This has been the case for a long time now.

I really thought DK would change that. He hasn't.

Why should he have to pay almost twice the value placed by the market?

An organised Rangers support? You get a good view of Mars at present perhaps there's an organised Rangers support on there because there isn't here on Earth.

It;s not it's the price they want that's unpalatable.

And then what stand back and continue to let the Board f*&k us up the arse?

You said yourself that £30m was an acceptable price to have the club removed from the current regime to Dave King or the Rangers support. Of course, working capital would be an issue but that's not the point at the moment.

The reason the price is so high is because we couldn't organise ourselves properly when the price was much lower.

You are right that we are a disorganised rabble with too many groups doing too many things, and every new group that comes along weakens the collective a little bit more. I've stopped counting them now and I see no point in any of the newer ones.

If King happened to buy Rangers though and offer it to the support over, for example, a three year period, I think you would find enough common purpose to make it achievable.

So yes, we are a disorganised muddle at the moment, but in the right circumstances, this can change.

That's a weird way at looking at what king is saying.

He's saying the club needs to raise 50 million to get back to the top and if no one else puts it up he will put up upwards of 30 million in.

If the existing shareholders who have first shout anyway put it up he won't have to.

That's a weird way at looking at what king is saying.

He's saying the club needs to raise 50 million to get back to the top and if no one else puts it up he will put up upwards of 30 million in.

If the existing shareholders who have first shout anyway put it up he won't have to.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2588429/Dave-King-commit-30m-ensure-Rangers-return-Scottish-Premiership.html#ixzz2wvUtuM76

According to the direct quotes in the above article....DK states he is willing to invest up to £30m of his own cash into the club....no mention about doing it as a last resort or of no-one will. £30m of his own & £20m from other sources.

DK has changed his tune, or lied depending on how you want to view it. No weird way of looking at it.....

Either way we get the 30 million who cares

True indeed, still, the pendulum about accusations with regard to "lying" et al firmly swings in just one direction for some. King is the Bluenose in this game of power, but he should not be treated differently either. At the end of the day, I would assume that no matter who succeeds here, if the club is safe and well run, all people will be satisfied?