Rangers Report's - (Possible) Rangers Top Signing Targets for the Championship

I reserve most criticism regarding the Malmö game for Whittaker. Giving the ball away for their goal at Ibrox, telling us that we are good enough to beat them before the return game and then getting himself send-off within 30 mins ... well well.

That said, Naismith and Jela missed gilt-edged chances and you could clearly see that we're still in pre-season mode, while Malmö was 7 or the like weeks into their campaign. Things all to easily forgotten ...

I reserve most criticism regarding the Malmö game for Whittaker. Giving the ball away for their goal at Ibrox, telling us that we are good enough to beat them before the return game and then getting himself send-off within 30 mins ... well well.

That said, Naismith and Jela missed gilt-edged chances and you could clearly see that we're still in pre-season mode, while Malmö was 7 or the like weeks into their campaign. Things all to easily forgotten ...

Cannot argue with your criticism of Whittaker, the incident happened right in front of me and my (sadly departed) mate; the only thing I would say is that it was entirely out of character for him, the same could not be said of Bougherra. The Jelavic miss also happened at "our" end and would surely have won us the tie, as they would need to have scored twice.

What with £50 for two fish suppers and two beers, all in all a terrible night.

dB was good enough to give me some tuition in German on one of our other forums so I assist him here with the great "somesuch" issue. A word it's not but a phrase "some such" it most certainly is. Should be the same as "somehow", "somewhere" or even "nonesuch" but it's not. Just another English language trap for the foreigner. dB avoids most of them.

Cuellar was a cut above Bougherra who is several cuts above Moshni. Bit of a downward spiral there.

dB was good enough to give me some tuition in German on one of our other forums so I assist him here with the great "somesuch" issue. A word it's not but a phrase "some such" it most certainly is. Should be the same as "somehow", "somewhere" or even "nonesuch" but it's not. Just another English language trap for the foreigner. dB avoids most of them.

Cuellar was a cut above Bougherra who is several cuts above Moshni. Bit of a downward spiral there.

Agree with your assessment of those players. Cuellar was a titan and who will ever forget the chants of Carlos Cuellar Sh***** your wife; wonder if he understood?

I see there is a Nonesuch unincorporated community in Woodford County, Kentucky, only 90 miles from Glasgow. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonesuch,_Kentucky. Wonder what the good folks who live there are called, Nonesuchians perhaps?

I also see there is some such Nonesuch River and a golf club of the same name nearby in southern Maine in the United States. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonesuch_River

Apparently there was some such spelling as somesuch http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/somesuch; let's have a Somesuch Campaign, perhaps the RFFF would donate some money to this worthy cause.

Well, as English is kind enough to provide oh some many loan words to German these days, it was my turn to whip up "somesuch" to enhance English. :cool2: (I'm also trying to expand the vocabulary with regards to them by utilizing "Hooped Horrors" and "Disfunctional Reality Perception (syndrome)" every now and then, though that might have been used by someone else before.)

Anyway, I'm old enough to still remember our 2-1 home win against Sparta Prague in the early 90s, with methinks John Spenser scoring an own goal that eventualkly saw the Czechs go through on away goals. Or going out due to similar reasons against FC Porto too somewhat earlier. But likewise there will always be Kiev, Lyon, Leverkusen, Parma, Valencia and Eindhoven. At this moment, we have to bide our time. Fiorentina (and they were far worse off than us) are an example to look at, as little comfort as this creates.

So is being critical of anyone always being disrespectful. I have seen players who should not be wearing Rangers colours. I would just stop short as saying some are even disrespectful to the fans for pulling them on.

The decision to sign them isnt theirs. There is a marked difference between being not good enough for Rangers (which is the managers decision) and not applying yourself when pulling the jersey on (player's decision). Looks to me that you are suggesting the former, which is unfair on the player themselves.

Any even remotely credible evidence provided for those rumours? The guy could sit on the bench and take a wage for another year, so he'd have to have a pretty serious medical condition or family issue to be thinking about retiral I'd have thought.

Btw, although I've been fiercely critical of him in recent months, I think "useless" is unfair. With the right kind of service I'm sure he could still be effective. However, the right kind of service doesn't equate to 40m punts into the middle from in front of the dugout.

He's nowhere near quick or mobile enough to play up front on his own, so all that happens at the moment is that he ploughs a furrow the width of the centre circle back and forward from the opposition's box to half-way.

I actually spent 10 minutes watching him do exactly that in a recent home game and thought it was no surprise that our opponents could read us like a book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think useless is apt. He's a plodder who might 'do a job' in the SPL with Dundee United, but he shouldn't be anywhere near a club like us. Any high wages should have gone on youngsters that would develop, not veterans that would regress and be of no use in the SPL. We should be assembling a squad that has a hope of not being embarrassed by Celtic and minnows in the Europa.

Agree with your assessment of those players. Cuellar was a titan and who will ever forget the chants of Carlos Cuellar Sh***** your wife; wonder if he understood?

I see there is a Nonesuch unincorporated community in Woodford County, Kentucky, only 90 miles from Glasgow. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonesuch,_Kentucky. Wonder what the good folks who live there are called, Nonesuchians perhaps?

I also see there is some such Nonesuch River and a golf club of the same name nearby in southern Maine in the United States. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonesuch_River

Apparently there was some such spelling as somesuch http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/somesuch; let's have a Somesuch Campaign, perhaps the RFFF would donate some money to this worthy cause.

I used to sell Nonesuch toffee when I worked in retail, you can probably still get it. It's the cake of toffee that takes about a week to eat. Always thought it was a brilliant name, redolent of Pilgrim's Progress or a planned Victorian milltown. That and the fact that it seems like a new word, English but not English, Germanic but not Germanic...I should probably have paid more attention to what I was doing at the time.

Anyway, it's nice toffee.

I reserve most criticism for the manager. Failing to win 4 matches against the gutter of Europe with a team earning £20k + a week should have been a sackable offense. Those 4 games set a precedence and things have only got worse.