As attached as I am to my seat (no pun intended!) I'm more attached to my club.

You previously stated (I'm sure) that there is a waiting list for wheelchair fans....how would you feel if you lost your seat then couldn't get another??? Are there spaces for "pay at the gate" wheelchair fans???

You previously stated (I'm sure) that there is a waiting list for wheelchair fans....how would you feel if you lost your seat then couldn't get another??? Are there spaces for "pay at the gate" wheelchair fans???

Waiting list is over 15 years long.

There is absolutely no chance of "pay at the gate", you have to join what's called the "match 2 match" scheme where those on the list are allocated 2 perhaps 3 random games per season.

The whole system is a self inflicted omnishambles.

I remember a couple of seasons back where they were phoning up season ticket holders pleading with them not to attend because there had been a f*&k up over the attendance of some Erskine veterans.

They were going to open up the front of the EE this coming season but I doubt it'll survive the 120 day review, there were many similar promises before which always fell foul of "budgetary concerns".

If I lose my seat through my own actions then I have nobody to blame but myself.

Thanks for that and I guess you won't like my following post but I have replied to your question.

The only point on which I would disagree is

It's a gamble to see my team finally climb back to their rightful place in the top tier of Scottish football, that's a gamble I would happily take any day of the week.

Yes, but you could almost certainly watch every Rangers home match and most of the away matches next season without having to buy a season ticket. The reward for a season ticket in the past was guaranteed access to matches that you otherwise would struggle to get tickets for. Games against Celtic or in Europe or perhaps bigger domestic matches with something at stake. Next season we'll play Alloa, Dumbarton and Cowdenbeath and even if the Hearts game is a sell out tickets will still be available I suspect.

That's what I mean by a small reward. Even if we win every match next season and play scintillating football in the process, and none of us are all that confident of that, you could still enjoy all that without a season ticket.

So buying a season ticket with all of the uncertainty around and the quality of football available to watch is can only be an emotional decision. Is it a flawed emotional decision though, that's the question.

Yes, but you could almost certainly watch every Rangers home match and most of the away matches next season without having to buy a season ticket. The reward for a season ticket in the past was guaranteed access to matches that you otherwise would struggle to get tickets for. Games against Celtic or in Europe or perhaps bigger domestic matches with something at stake. Next season we'll play Alloa, Dumbarton and Cowdenbeath and even if the Hearts game is a sell out tickets will still be available I suspect.

That's what I mean by a small reward. Even if we win every match next season and play scintillating football in the process, and none of us are all that confident of that, you could still enjoy all that without a season ticket.

So buying a season ticket with all of the uncertainty around and the quality of football available to watch is can only be an emotional decision. Is it a flawed emotional decision though, that's the question.

That is certainly all true, although as I have said before, prior to having season ticket I was not always successful buying from Rangers and resorted to buying from fans outside the ground and once missed a game because none were available and often felt uncomfortable with some of my new neighbours.

Also I would go back to my Club needs my money now; yes it is indeed an emotional response but that is what football is about is it not; emotion and passion and I have had plenty of that over the years from Rangers; happy to give some back now.

There is absolutely no chance of "pay at the gate", you have to join what's called the "match 2 match" scheme where those on the list are allocated 2 perhaps 3 random games per season.

I remember a couple of seasons back where they were phoning up season ticket holders pleading with them not to attend because there had been a f*&k up over the attendance of some Erskine veterans.

They were going to open up the front of the EE this coming season but I doubt it'll survive the 120 day review, there were many similar promises before which always fell foul of "budgetary concerns".

If I lose my seat through my own actions then I have nobody to blame but myself.

Will you even be able to go to away games?

Massive decision for you mate. Are there many other bears in the disabled RSC thinking of doing similar.