One of Rangers' major shareholders has told BBC Scotland that the financial situation at Ibrox is "fragile".

Rangers' recent accounts were signed off for the next 12 months on the basis of an uplift in season ticket sales, but Sandy Easdale said indications were that sales were "slow".

Ahead of the publication of the board's business review, he urged "loyal" fans to show their support to the club.

Easdale also warned that Rangers would not survive a second administration.

The major shareholder, speaking exclusively to BBC Scotland, admitted that the situation was "fragile".

“I would say that in 140 years, the club's gone into administration once; I don't think it would survive a second one”

Sandy Easdale

Rangers shareholder

"At the end of the day, the club is at a crossroads at the moment and a fragile position. It can either go forward with a strategic view, with a long-term view, steady as she goes, or be pulled apart in other directions.

"I don't actually know the figures (for season ticket renewals) but I think there's a couple of situations there; we're a couple of weeks early. People are waiting for a report. At this moment in time, ticket sales are what I'd say are slow."

Asked whether they would be in sufficient number in order to sustain Rangers in the short-term, Easdale said: "We've got all the numbers; me and [chief executive Graham Wallace] are confident and the board's quite confident that we'll meet those numbers.

"To answer the question, some of the fans will say when I answer it that, that it's blackmail or we're putting them into emotional blackmail.

"But I would say that, in 140 years, a lot of boards and directors came and went but there's only been one club.

"If you're loyal and you support the club, then come out and support the club. It doesn't matter who's running the club or who wants to run the club; the main thing is the loyal supporters need to come out, by a man, and stand by the club.

"That's what the club's been built on: loyalty."

Asked whether supporters not renewing could run the risk of a second administration, Easdale replied: "That's a difficult question. And it's a question that I don't want to need to answer or be in a position that this board would be forced into that situation.

"Again, I would say that in 140 years, the club's gone into administration once; I don't think it would survive a second one.

"So, I would ask every loyal Rangers fan, and I pick my words correctly in saying loyal Rangers fans, supports the club at this time and gives it a chance.

"We don't want to go back to the dark days of administration. Everything's a possibility and at the moment we've got to look on a positive as a board, taking it forward.

"At the moment, there is a lot of noise around the Trust; we don't know the situation with the Trust.

"But, as from a board, it's business as usual. We've got to keep going forward."

Asked about the completion of Graham Wallace's 120-day business review, and fans seeking clarity on a range of issues, Easdale continued: "I hope it answers all their [the fans'] questions; it answers our questions and it's a clear indication where Graham and the board want to take the club.

"The content of which we hope's enough, because obviously, I'm not going to hide behind it as usual: Stock Exchange reasons, price sensitivities, all these things are in the wider report.

"So, we're kind of tied by the Stock Exchange in what we can say. As for me, I'd love to tell the fans all, but, the PLC board is tied by rules and regulations."

Additionally, a senior source at Ibrox has told BBC Scotland he believes Rangers are "on a life-support machine".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27142340

I thought the BBC were banned form interviews?

Yes, I do.

Spending over £300 isn't a matter of loyalty for many bears.

That interview was dreadful and I'm stunned anyone would want to defend it.

I still have to listen to it.

If money etc is an issue I obviously don't consider people disloyal, but there's at least a section who would renew but are deliberately not doing it as part of an effort to starve the club of funds. For me that is disloyal.

I still have to listen to it.

If money etc is an issue I obviously don't consider people disloyal, but there's at least a section who would renew but are deliberately not doing it as part of an effort to starve the club of funds. For me that is disloyal.

Until the deadline for renewals is passed, nobody has withheld anything.

A lot of fans are simply waiting for the belated review and the deadline for that has been and gone.

It could be argued that it's the board who are starving the fans - of information. For me that's disloyal.

Until the deadline for renewals is passed, nobody has withheld anything.

A lot of fans are simply waiting for the belated review and the deadline for that has been and gone.

It could be argued that it's the board are starving the fans - of information. For me that's disloyal.

The timing of this is odd but I can understand it. We have groups handing out leaflets at games trying to guilt fans into actually not renewing with stuff about 'is your seat more important'. There has to be some response to that

Looks like we Bears have some very very serious issues to decide, do you renew your season ticket and feed the cancer that will ultimately destroy our club. Or do we refuse to renew and potentially put the club into administration again?

I'm slowly coming to the decision the only way to rid the cancer from our club once and forall is for another administration event. But by god this time we the support along with high net "Rangers men" better be prepared. That's another reason why i'll commit to the Season Ticket fund because hopefully they will have the mandate to turn the fund's money into a 'Buy Rangers' fund.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

I think the attendance for the last couple of home matches has given a few people at Ibrox the fear.

Loyalty is a funny concept though. Wanting rid of the manager isn't being disloyal, yet wanting rid of the board apparently is. Go figure.

I think the attendance for the last couple of home matches has given a few people at Ibrox the fear.

Loyalty is a funny concept though. Wanting rid of the manager isn't being disloyal, yet wanting rid of the board apparently is. Go figure.

Not at all, I wanted David Murray gone for a fair while, didn't want a season ticket boycott to force it though.