What's your ambition for Rangers?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Try an educated guess.

Hints: winning the Championship and/or return to the top tier ASAP; get as long a run in any cup as possible; challenge for the top tier title and European places within three years* (the sooner the better).

*This is still Scotland and the odd pretender aside, it will remain a 2-horse race and no-one can tell now how the Yahoos will look and perform in 2015 and 16.

Try an educated guess.

Hints: winning the Championship and/or return to the top tier ASAP; get as long a run in any cup as possible; challenge for the top tier title and European places within three years* (the sooner the better).

*This is still Scotland and the odd pretender aside, it will remain a 2-horse race and no-one can tell now how the Yahoos will look and perform in 2015 and 16.

This is the extent of your ambition for the club?

It goes without saying that we need to be back in the top tier and winning it as soon as possible.

I will agree that the promotion of ST has been poor.

What have they done - halved the financial deficit compared to the same period the year before!!!! (£3.5m compared to £7m). They have also clearly identified & documented the failings of the previous board, it is now up to them to work on rectifying that and to clearly show the areas of improvement.

You have to wonder who actually reduced the deficit, the Board or the major Shareholders, getting rid of certain Board members was probably all it took. Identifying the previous Board as failures didn't take Agatha Christie or Morse.

We are still being asked to give them time, by the same people who supported the last Board, who were shown to be failures.

We are still being asked to give them time, by the same people who supported the last Board, who were shown to be failures.

Time is exactly what is required IMHO....

Say we get rid of the current board, and get a whole set of new face - how long do they get to resurrect our battered club??? 1 month, 6 months, 5 years???? Probably depends on whether DK is involved. What happens if DK gets his board in place, and the club is still losing money by the millions - will they be hounded out as money grabbing S**vs???

Say we get rid of the current board, and get a whole set of new face - how long do they get to resurrect our battered club??? 1 month, 6 months, 5 years???? Probably depends on whether DK is involved. What happens if DK gets his board in place, and the club is still losing money by the millions - will they be hounded out as money grabbing S**vs???

I would say the present lot will probably stay, unless Wallace walks, as long as the major Shareholders keep them in place. The question must be, can they resurrect the Club, how are they going to do it? That comes down having certain aims to take us forward, and being able to communicate them to the Support, to take the Support with them, I don't see anything like this in place.

BTW not all against this Board/Shareholders are 100% supporting DK.

I would say the present lot will probably stay, unless Wallace walks, as long as the major Shareholders keep them in place. The question must be, can they resurrect the Club, how are they going to do it? That comes down having certain aims to take us forward, and being able to communicate them to the Support, to take the Support with them, I don't see anything like this in place.

BTW not all against this Board/Shareholders are 100% supporting DK.

Can they resurrect the club? I don't know.....no-one does at this moment. The board will be confident that they can. Getting the club sorted will not happen in 6 months - I should have started 2 years ago, but didn't. Constantly demanding change to the board because the fans don't like something will not help things in the long term - its looking like a classic case of "too many cooks, spoil the broth".

As for communicating their aim, in order to take the fans with them......If the board enable the manager to put a winning team on the park, while still paying all the bills etc, the fans will be happy IMHO.

Segments of the fan base are crying out for transparency and better flow of information to the fans, yet most will probably struggle to tell you what they specifically want from that. There was a time, not that long ago, that many fans couldn't even tell you who was on the board, never mind what their aims or policies were. Now it is of vital importance (to some) to know every single details about what is going on/being said within the club, without that information the club will not continue.

Being vigilant over the boards actions is one thing, but demanding to every detail that goes on is not the way forward.

What happens when the next financial figures are released - what if there is another reduction in deficit??? Will the current board be praised, or will there still be the calls to get them out???

I will agree that the promotion of ST has been poor.

What have they done - halved the financial deficit compared to the same period the year before!!!! (£3.5m compared to £7m). They have also clearly identified & documented the failings of the previous board, it is now up to them to work on rectifying that and to clearly show the areas of improvement.

The haven't halved the financial deficit they are spending cash as fast as ever. A million a month. They have halved the profit losses excluding exceptional items. That's not the same.

Action is most definitely Wat is required no time.

Can they resurrect the club? I don't know.....no-one does at this moment. The board will be confident that they can. Getting the club sorted will not happen in 6 months - I should have started 2 years ago, but didn't. Constantly demanding change to the board because the fans don't like something will not help things in the long term - its looking like a classic case of "too many cooks, spoil the broth".

As for communicating their aim, in order to take the fans with them......If the board enable the manager to put a winning team on the park, while still paying all the bills etc, the fans will be happy IMHO.

Segments of the fan base are crying out for transparency and better flow of information to the fans, yet most will probably struggle to tell you what they specifically want from that. There was a time, not that long ago, that many fans couldn't even tell you who was on the board, never mind what their aims or policies were. Now it is of vital importance (to some) to know every single details about what is going on/being said within the club, without that information the club will not continue.

Being vigilant over the boards actions is one thing, but demanding to every detail that goes on is not the way forward.

What happens when the next financial figures are released - what if there is another reduction in deficit??? Will the current board be praised, or will there still be the calls to get them out???

Times have changed, no longer does it come down to 'a winning team and paying the bills'.

His opinion on the Board isn't valid because it's wrong in your opinion?

Pretty much. :sleep:

I would never have described myself as a huge backer or detractor of Whyte mind you, and I felt Stockbridge had to go as far back as August.