Times have changed, no longer does it come down to 'a winning team and paying the bills'.

I do agree to an extent, but football fans are a fickle bunch. If we were going out and winning 3 or 4 - nil each week, and playing decent football, I believe there wouldn't be as much focus on the board. Fans would be happier that the team was looking good & winning well. How concerned were fans about boardroom issues when they were watching Laudrup, Gazza, Arteta, De boer Gattuso etc. The team was entertaining & fans were happy.

Ultimately any business is about producing a product & paying the bills (at a very basic level).

As for GS comment about not 1/2 the deficit. £3.5m loss for the 1st 6 months compared to £7m for the same period the year before, looks pretty positive to me - it may just be accounting mumbo-jumbo, but the accounts still report that losses were halved.

Action is most definitely Wat is required no time.

Sorry, but that is rather pointless, IMHO.

As darther said, we've got no plan from any would-be-controller so far. The only thing King can probably bring to the club is financial stability for the next three years or so, a stability the current board has to fight for. Yet, King will by the looks of it not be able to transform our current money-losses in any other way than the board does or is willing to do. He'll probably come up with his money to keep us (well) afloat and most likely go the very same route as the board. Perhaps spend some more of it to make us a more challenging team than we can hope for right now. And we will be indebted to him for that, one way or another. Should that all come to pass, we can obviously hope that King keeps to his Bluenose status and promise that he won't want it back et al. But for the time being, all this are just, as some love to say it, moonbeams.

Just to reiterate, I'd love if King comes in and does all the above and save our club and lead us back to where we belong. I'd love it even more if he would act like I expect a true Bluenose would, not like a shrewd business-man (for the better part of a year now).

Sorry, but that is rather pointless, IMHO.

As darther said, we've got no plan from any would-be-controller so far. The only thing King can probably bring to the club is financial stability for the next three years or so, a stability the current board has to fight for. Yet, King will by the looks of it not be able to transform our current money-losses in any other way than the board does or is willing to do. He'll probably come up with his money to keep us (well) afloat and most likely go the very same route as the board. Perhaps spend some more of it to make us a more challenging team than we can hope for right now. And we will be indebted to him for that, one way or another. Should that all come to pass, we can obviously hope that King keeps to his Bluenose status and promise that he won't want it back et al. But for the time being, all this are just, as some love to say it, moonbeams.

Just to reiterate, I'd love if King comes in and does all the above and save our club and lead us back to where we belong. I'd love it even more if he would act like I expect a true Bluenose would, not like a shrewd business-man (for the better part of a year now).

Action from the board. Planning and waiting are useless. They have been planning and waiting and spending for 2 years. So much so we are on the verge of collapse.

The post I quoted called for more waiting.

Nonsense.

Action is most definitely Wat is required no time.

Action is definitely required.....but they need time to carry out these actions.

There should have been a massive clear out during administration, but that didn't happen & the club have been paying the price since. Now it's more difficult....contract are in place and possibly can't just be cancelled - some of these may be able to be renegotiated, some cancelled with a pay-off other will be allowed to run down. It takes time to sort these things out.

I do agree to an extent, but football fans are a fickle bunch. If we were going out and winning 3 or 4 - nil each week, and playing decent football, I believe there wouldn't be as much focus on the board. Fans would be happier that the team was looking good & winning well. How concerned were fans about boardroom issues when they were watching Laudrup, Gazza, Arteta, De boer Gattuso etc. The team was entertaining & fans were happy.

Ultimately any business is about producing a product & paying the bills (at a very basic level).

As for GS comment about not 1/2 the deficit. £3.5m loss for the 1st 6 months compared to £7m for the same period the year before, looks pretty positive to me - it may just be accounting mumbo-jumbo, but the accounts still report that losses were halved.

You still haven't said why we should trust this Board, when their supporters are the same ones who supported the failed Board. It seems the same folk will support whoever, as long as it thwarts certain individuals.

Agendas are at work all over this, to the detriment of Rangers.

Time is required to carry out the actions. Do you expect the board to announce every single action they take??? "Today we sacked 1 person in accounts & renegotiated the price of a Mars bar. Thanks"

Just one point in response to hat Darther has included in his piece. I don't recall any great concern being directed at the board

when instead of watching Gazza and Laudrup, we were watching our team with guys like Hugh Burns in it, getting grubbed by Clydebank at Kilbowie. I just feel that the board have brought much of the concern/hassle upon themselves by failing to convince the supporters that the welfare of Rangers Football Club is their top priority.

You still haven't said why we should trust this Board, when their supporters are the same ones who supported the failed Board. It seems the same folk will support whoever, as long as it thwarts certain individuals.

Agendas are at work all over this, to the detriment of Rangers.

I have never said I trust the board, but what are the REAL options??? They are the ones in control & should be given the time to carry out the necessary actions to recover the club. What happens if the fans get the board sacked??? Who replaces them - they are appointed by the same folk who put this board together!!! You'd still get the "different puppets, same puppeteer" calls.

Can they resurrect the club? I don't know.....no-one does at this moment. The board will be confident that they can. Getting the club sorted will not happen in 6 months - I should have started 2 years ago, but didn't. Constantly demanding change to the board because the fans don't like something will not help things in the long term - its looking like a classic case of "too many cooks, spoil the broth".

As for communicating their aim, in order to take the fans with them......If the board enable the manager to put a winning team on the park, while still paying all the bills etc, the fans will be happy IMHO.

Segments of the fan base are crying out for transparency and better flow of information to the fans, yet most will probably struggle to tell you what they specifically want from that. There was a time, not that long ago, that many fans couldn't even tell you who was on the board, never mind what their aims or policies were. Now it is of vital importance (to some) to know every single details about what is going on/being said within the club, without that information the club will not continue.

Being vigilant over the boards actions is one thing, but demanding to every detail that goes on is not the way forward.

What happens when the next financial figures are released - what if there is another reduction in deficit??? Will the current board be praised, or will there still be the calls to get them out???

Some very pertinent points here Darthter, one in particular is the point about supporters not knowing about previous board members, and their business acumen and intentions.

I didn't know or want to know about David Murray in the 9-i-a-r era, he was simple someone who brought success to our club. But when things went tits up, the internet era had began and many bears joined the forums like FF then RM and Gernets to get their daily fix on the club.

That's when the information flow about Murray and his practice's became common knowledge among the political uninitiated like myself. This club information flow became a crescendo not least from our enemies, Pandoras internet box had been open for good and bad.

Many Bears fought back against our enemies propaganda, however having learned the tricks of the trade from associated anti-Rangers cabal, especially the Vhermin, the masters of political skulduggery. Some of our own have turned the propaganda war knowhow inward, and i include both sides of the debate in that. That's not to say all of what's written in blogs and forum threads the is lies or propaganda, but the truth is a captive in there somewhere.

I don't know the figures, but i would say about 70% of the support have some internet contact about Rangers, that figure rises each day as the internet gets cheaper and faster. How many of that figure is getting politicised is anyone guess?

The Bears want information about the club and the characters involved, then they make their decision for or against the board or King or whatever. I'm not saying this is a good or bad thing just saying that's the situation here, information is King imo.

Action from the board. Planning and waiting are useless. They have been planning and waiting and spending for 2 years. So much so we are on the verge of collapse.

Nonsense.

As darther has pointed out, actions need time. Be that from the board or King (though he can probably afford to pay sacked persons and terminated contracts off). I'm not sure what sort of action you do look for and whether you give those doing it the time to carry their plans out too?