Hypothetically, if your football viewing had included our training sessions and Gordon looked to be back to his best, would you still overrule the evidence of your own eyes (and medical staff)?

Taking a chance on Gordon on a pay as you play basis wouldn't be that daft at all given the amount of TV coverage we get. If he did perform well, he's still young enough to command a decent sell on fee.

There are other positions where our need is far greater and I don't think it'll happen, but I wouldn't be quite so dismissive about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems very unlikely. Neither our management nor medical team have good judgement either. As I say, I do not know any other footballer who has gone years without a match and made a successful return

From the recent assessment of current operations

There is no proper talent identification and scouting operation in place for professional players and at the time when investment in playing talent needed to focus on identifying value acquisitions, the Club dismantled its scouting and recruitment network.

From the recent statement of future strategy, under a heading of Developing Football Performance and Capability

Strengthen the Playing Squad - Funds will be made available on a targeted and phased basis over future transfer windows, starting in Summer 2014, in preparation for the Championship Season but also looking at future seasons with a more structured and planned approach.

From the recent statement of future strategy, under a heading of Focus on Player Asset Management and Youth Development

Developing playing talent is one of the major challenges at any football club. The Chief Football Operations Officer will also have the remit to develop the Club’s player asset strategy which will build a long term structure and plan to deliver playing talent for the Club and maximize value from player trading.

Does signing Craig Gordon fit into current operations or the future strategy?

Rangers manager Ally McCoist 'unbelievably proud' of his players after they complete unbeaten league campaign

McCOIST saluted his squad after yesterday's draw at Dunfermline made it 33 wins and three draws from 36 matches and said it was a "fantastic" achievement.

ALLY McCoist spoke of his pride last night as Rangers finished their Division One campaign unbeaten after a 1-1 draw at Dunfermline.

Dean Shiels opened the scoring for the champions in Fife but Lewis Martin grabbed a draw for the Pars.

Gaffer McCoist said: “The most important thing was to get through the game as we wanted to go the whole season undefeated.

“When you win 33 games out of 36 with three draws you have to say that is fantastic.

“I am unbelievably proud of the players. When they look back in future they will be proud of their achievement.”

Rangers fans protested over Ibrox boardroom bonuses but McCoist insisted he wants to “concentrate on football”.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-manager-ally-mccoist-unbelievably-3494394

Ask all the fans who you keep driving away to the pub on away days if it's fantastic Ally.

Seems very unlikely. Neither our management nor medical team have good judgement either. As I say, I do not know any other footballer who has gone years without a match and made a successful return

Slightly different for a goalkeeper - one who has been training with us for the best part of a year.

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

I can't recall any goalkeeper either who has had years out the game and then made a successful return.

Perhaps Mark Bosnich though I don't think 11 games in the Australian league really count.

Aside from that it's just more unnecessary waste, one of the younger keepers can be back up while we're still in the lower leagues and we'll never make an impact in cups under this manager that's been proven beyond all doubt

I don't have an issue with signing him. In fact I think it would be a good idea of he's fit, stays fit and is back to his top form.

Could we be thinking of an over 30's team rather than thinking about the under 20's ?

Probably best to re-enforce the medical department aswell.

I'd love to live in parallel universes.

Can you imagine Gordon signing for the Tims when Foster leaves, and going on to play some blinders?

"He was training with us for fuckin' months!"

"What's wrong with Ally? Gordon was right under his nose."

"He's absolutely useless. Any manager worth his salt would have taken a chance on Gordon."

It must be wonderful to be correct by retrospect.

However, in fairness, it's always been a trait of football fans.