I'm more of a fifa man. Was addicted to CM and FM as a kid but not played it properly for a few years. CM 01/02 was where the magic was at (or was it 00/01?)

I just watch football all the time. I study it and am engrossed by it. I love watching different styles, different philosophies.

Then I also watch us.

Hypothetically, if your football viewing had included our training sessions and Gordon looked to be back to his best, would you still overrule the evidence of your own eyes (and medical staff)?

Taking a chance on Gordon on a pay as you play basis wouldn't be that daft at all given the amount of TV coverage we get. If he did perform well, he's still young enough to command a decent sell on fee.

There are other positions where our need is far greater and I don't think it'll happen, but I wouldn't be quite so dismissive about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rangers manager Ally McCoist 'unbelievably proud' of his players after they complete unbeaten league campaign

McCOIST saluted his squad after yesterday's draw at Dunfermline made it 33 wins and three draws from 36 matches and said it was a "fantastic" achievement.

ALLY McCoist spoke of his pride last night as Rangers finished their Division One campaign unbeaten after a 1-1 draw at Dunfermline.

Dean Shiels opened the scoring for the champions in Fife but Lewis Martin grabbed a draw for the Pars.

Gaffer McCoist said: “The most important thing was to get through the game as we wanted to go the whole season undefeated.

“When you win 33 games out of 36 with three draws you have to say that is fantastic.

“I am unbelievably proud of the players. When they look back in future they will be proud of their achievement.”

Rangers fans protested over Ibrox boardroom bonuses but McCoist insisted he wants to “concentrate on football”.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-manager-ally-mccoist-unbelievably-3494394

I have no idea how good Gordon is these days, but would assume that he does not need our money to finance his lifestyle (of which we probably know next to nothing). Business-wise, I wouldn't be surprised if we sell quite a few of our players that may command a transfer fee, as the squad simply is too large. Whether there is any demand remains to be seen, same with our asking price. IMHO, Gallacher is quite a good goalkeeper and could very well deputise for Bell. He's likewise getting a bit old for the youth team and will probably not feature much if Bell stays fit, stalling in his career. It might be the case that Ally wants to send Gallacher on loan again and sign Gordon up (instead of Simonsen) on a pay-as-you-play basis. That would be the only scenario that might make sense financially - if this deal comes to pass.

All that said, Rangers have very rarely relied on self-bred goalies, in fact, the only one that springs to my mind these last three decades is McGregor. Whether Gallacher is in that bracket (or better than Gordon) is up for those who see him in training to decide.

Someone needs to wake me up when this endless nightmare ends .

Of all the positions we need strengthened , Goalkeeper would be last on the list , if anything we should be getting rid of keepers not adding to them

If i was ceo i would ask, no demand, that ally produce a detailed assessment of all his players , coaching staff and where they fit into,plans etc. If it is

1. A pile of shit

2. Unable to produce this (competence)

3, unwilling to produce this(competence,attitude, blind loyalties)

Then either punt him or impose a football director to do it for him. If ally cant live with that then he can fuck off.

Someone needs to wake me up when this endless nightmare ends .

Of all the positions we need strengthened , Goalkeeper would be last on the list , if anything we should be getting rid of keepers not adding to them

Simonsen's contract ends in the summer, methinks one of the youth keepers' too. We have to hear from McCoist himself what he's in store for Gallacher. Though I agree that the goalkeeping position is not one we should primarily look at (and I don't think we do).

We have Bell, who IMHO is a good keeper.

We also have Gallagher, who didn't do anything wrong when played at the start of the season, and looks a good prospect

Why do we need Craig Gordon??? He WAS a good keeper many years ago, but has other have pointed out, he hasn't played a competitive game for years. I really can't see him coming back to anywhere near his best, or even to a similar level to Bell. Completely waste of money.