As the inevitable transfer speculation (in and out) starts to pick up speed we should remember where the real problems ly regards the football.

There are many who camp themselves in either anti-board or anti-football mgmt.

This doesn't make sense to me because if the board aren't going to act in a serious way to address the root of the footballing problem, that makes them part of the same problem that many pro-boarders seem to focus in on.

The way things have been recently, ANYTHING the club says or does antagonises people.

As for King, yes he is an outsider.....who wants in. If the board are behaving poorly, then it should be up to DK to rise above that & promote "true RFC behaviour & standards" etc....

The people who own and run the club have made this mess all by themselves. Thousands no longer trust the club when it speaks out and this is a sorry state of affairs.

Adopting a diplomatic and conciliatory approach might win people back, but implying that seats will be lost when the stadium will have plenty of vacant space is the politics of the bloody-minded.

People don't want to do business with this regime. I don't blame them.

As the inevitable transfer speculation (in and out) starts to pick up speed we should remember where the real problems ly regards the football.

This doesn't make sense to me because if the board aren't going to act in a serious way to address the root of the footballing problem, that makes them part of the same problem that many pro-boarders seem to focus in on.

As in: get rid of McCoist and Co. and get some other coach or manager who wants same or less but is able to deliver us the title and play good football with the same personnel? Happy hunting.

NB: I'd assume that we cannot get rid of quite a few players that are on many people's flak list. If we attempt to, we'll have to pay them severance packages et al, as we have seen with Bocanegra and Goian. (And both cases were indeed rather dubious affairs, as both chaps had clubs already lined up. But that is part of a legacy the current board can't be blamed for.)

NB II: I doubt that there is a clear cut between people supporting the board and those who want them out. What you indeed have is a few vocal bands on either side giving it their all, but the masses are most likely widely spread inbetween.

Rather than conspiracies about stealing money by main worry about the boardroom is their blindness to our failings on the park and the one causing it in the dug out

Edited by simplythebest

Rather than conspiracies about stealing money by main worry about the boardroom is their blindness to our failings on the park and the on causing it in the dug out

Pot calling kettle Black is a phrase that comes to mind.

My posts should come with a warning of my blindness. Of course everything is ok and we can see exactly the value that has come of the approximate 70M spend all through our scouting, youth and development, the star signings aswell as the long list of improvements to the stadium amongst other things. The extra staff being taken on and the boardroom having earned their generous bonus because of their sterling work in taking our club forward to a better place.

The way things have been recently, ANYTHING the club says or does antagonises people.

As for King, yes he is an outsider.....who wants in. If the board are behaving poorly, then it should be up to DK to rise above that & promote "true RFC behaviour & standards" etc....

I know it seems that way, but every fan who has expressed hostility to the board would leap happily back into the fold if the club could

satisfy their concerns even a bit.

I don't know of a single fan who enjoys being totally alienated from the club they love. We're ready to believe, but we need something to believe in.

I know it seems that way, but every fan who has expressed hostility to the board would leap happily back into the fold if the club could

satisfy their concerns even a bit.

I don't know of a single fan who enjoys being totally alienated from the club they love. We're ready to believe, but we need something to believe in.

The root problem is that the fans want the football club to do well whilst the board want whatever is the best way to earn money from the club (not re-invest).

There is an ongoing process in place with different stages along a parrallel 'journey'.

The CG&Co stage was very successful for most of those directly or indirectly connected.

However for the football club it was a disaster.

Rather than conspiracies about stealing money by main worry about the boardroom is their blindness to our failings on the park and the one causing it in the dug out

regardless of manager we will do better on the park with 50 million of investment than without