I feel we are close to the perfect storm with fans holding off renewing because incompetent management on and off the field.

Thing is a large part of those not wishing to presently renew are doing so because of the utter tripe being offered on the park.

At the Cup semi-final I left the game early for the first time in my life (before half time) I did so not because of boardroom travails but simply because I did not believe the team being managed by McCoist were capable of overturning a two goal deficit against a very average Dundee Utd team.

I am particularly pleased to note that the club will support those who support the Club by renewing by the deadline and wish to transfer. It seems that many existing ST holders will be taking this opportunity to get together with friends and move to better seats.

"It is also important to note that should existing season ticket holders choose not to renew by the 16th May deadline, as is being encouraged, they could lose their seat allocation. The Club believes it must - as it always does at this time of the year - attempt to satisfy the requests we have received from current season ticket holders who wish to relocate to other available seats around the stadium.

No matter what happens with the King scheme, ST numbers are likely to be down next season although they could pick up as the campaign progresses.

Those who put off renewing, or change their minds about it, are likely to be able to pick and choose from the thousands of seats available. If they lose their old seat they will still be able to find plenty of seats together to enable them to be with friends and/or family.

When the club implies that ST holders could lose their existing seats, it sinks even lower in the minds of those fans who already have suspicions about the way it is going about its business.

The club has already enraged the Facebook community by its thoughtless actions, and now it is trying to blackmail people into renewing by suggesting that they could lose their seats. This is bad form and could backfire.

If people decide to renew after the deadline and are denied their old seat, some will choose to pay on a game by game basis instead, and once they do that, they will not become ST holders again in a hurry.

To some, their specific seat is important to them - they have probably sat there for many years....others are not overly bothered.

I feel that the board are just making it clear that under DK's scheme there are no guarantees at all, never mind getting your same seat. As for blackmailing the fans...DK is using those tactics as well by regularly referring to Ceptic getting 10 IAR etc.

Both sides are as bad as each other...

Thing is a large part of those not wishing to presently renew are doing so because of the utter tripe being offered on the park.

At the Cup semi-final I left the game early for the first time in my life (before half time) I did so not because of boardroom travails but simply because I did not believe the team being managed by McCoist were capable of overturning a two goal deficit against a very average Dundee Utd team.

This is undoubtedly true.

We are most definitely losing support because the football is rotten. Add in boardroom troubles though, and the situation gets worse.

If a new regime does materialise any time soon, it will have to address the managerial situation as one of its first priorities.

Keeping McCoist in the job is no longer an option.

To some, their specific seat is important to them - they have probably sat there for many years....others are not overly bothered.

I feel that the board are just making it clear that under DK's scheme there are no guarantees at all, never mind getting your same seat. As for blackmailing the fans...DK is using those tactics as well by regularly referring to Ceptic getting 10 IAR etc.

Both sides are as bad as each other...

The tactics of the King camp don't come into it.

The club is behaving inappropriately towards people that it needs to be onside. If it wants to alienate them, it is going the right way about it.

King is not the club. He can afford to be provocative and direct. The club should have standards of behaviour that are impeccable.

If it cannot make a point without resorting to what many see as blackmail, it is falling well below the standards expected of it.

The tactics of the King camp don't come into it.

The club is behaving inappropriately towards people that it needs to be onside. If it wants to alienate them, it is going the right way about it.

King is not the club. He can afford to be provocative and direct. The club should have standards of behaviour that are impeccable.

If it cannot make a point without resorting to what many see as blackmail, it is falling well below the standards expected of it.

so now the club are not allowed to remind people that by not renewing by a particular date they could loose their preferred seat.....what next, complaining about having a ST deadline coz that could be viewed as blackmail???

This is undoubtedly true.

We are most definitely losing support because the football is rotten. Add in boardroom troubles though, and the situation gets worse.

If a new regime does materialise any time soon, it will have to address the managerial situation as one of its first priorities.

Keeping McCoist in the job is no longer an option.

The board occasionally talk the talk but next to never walk the walk.

The board cannot have serious aspirations wrt football and propose to keep the current footballing management team in place.

Nor can they apply an expensive plaster (DoF or equivalent) and expect anything but more of the same or confrontation that goes no-where.

The truth is that the board have other priorities.

so now the club are not allowed to remind people that by not renewing by a particular date they could loose their preferred seat.....what next, complaining about having a ST deadline coz that could be viewed as blackmail???

The board can say what it likes, but if its utterances are perceived to be in bad taste, or threatening, or foolish, it will pay a price for being indelicate.

King has the luxury of being an outsider. The club is the club and it should be able to articulate its viewpoint in a way that does not antagonise people who are contemplating abandoning it.

For the first time in my supporting life I have twice left at halftime and once I never bothered my arse leaving the pub. Take a look at the Louden at halftime.....it's mobbed as fans flock in.

King has the luxury of being an outsider. The club is the club and it should be able to articulate its viewpoint in a way that does not antagonise people who are contemplating abandoning it.

The way things have been recently, ANYTHING the club says or does antagonises people.

As for King, yes he is an outsider.....who wants in. If the board are behaving poorly, then it should be up to DK to rise above that & promote "true RFC behaviour & standards" etc....