Would the signing of Boyd excite the support because I think you'll find a player or two being signed up soon in a bid to push ST sales.

Boyd always divided our support and even fans who liked him or loved him won't exactly be 'excited' if we signed him I wouldn't have thought. It'll just be a case of accepting that he's easily still good enough to score plenty goals in the top flight, so a fairly safe bet for our Championship campaign.

If the Club want to really 'excite' the support with a signing they'd need to push the boat out and sign a player like wee Vlad, but that just ain't going to happen because there's no transfer kitty to buy even just one quality player.

He's proven this season back at Killie that he's still a good striker in the Scottish top flight with 22 goals making him the 2nd top scorer in the league. The only concern is that 18 of those 22 goals were against the bottom half of the table, but that's often the case for strikers and not necessarily Boyd's fault, as he probably wasn't getting as much service against the better teams.

Have to say though, that there's a good chance Killie will push the boat out and try to hold on to him now that their place in the top flight is secure for next season.

How many penalties?

Listening to KB on the radio over the last few weeks I think he's made his mind up that he's going elsewhere.

He seems to view the season at Kilmarnock as a stage to get get gametime, score goals and prove that he has it in him to move up a level.

Good business for all,.....I think KB is happy with what he has done and that Kilmarnock have been delighted but will accept that Boyd has other plans.

So what will his plans be ?

Rangers are the obvious candidate or will he listen to other offers ?

Would the signing of Boyd excite the support because I think you'll find a player or two being signed up soon in a bid to push ST sales.

Signing players that excite us isn't something we have done much of in the last 10 years.

With no scouts, no money and Ally's lack of ability, Boyd shouldn't require a second thought

He will get 25 goals in the Championship and considering we are playing teams equivalent and less than SPL bottom 6 he could score for fun but needs the service.

Agree he is a better option than Daly. I have always been a big fan of Miller but if he has lost 2 yards of pace then his game will be poor, same kind of situation as Michael Owen, as soon as he lost pace there was nothing to his game.

Think you're being a bt harsh there, bud. Miller is a very quick thinking and intelligent player and could be just what we need to unlock 10 man defenses next season. He's also, as was pointed out elsewhere, aware of what is expected when you play from Rangers and is a model professional in his conduct and his attitude. I would be more than happy to see a forward line of Miller and Clark next season

Following this thread, we're just waiting on one from you about Barry Ferguson returning. I thought there would be more chance of that than me ever starting a sort of pro-Boyd thread.

No Barry's no chance of coming back I don't think he can count above 10. Then he runs out of fingers. If we only have 5 beans right enough he might have a chance.:)

He's proven this season back at Killie that he's still a good striker in the Scottish top flight with 22 goals making him the 2nd top scorer in the league. The only concern is that 18 of those 22 goals were against the bottom half of the table, but that's often the case for strikers and not necessarily Boyd's fault, as he probably wasn't getting as much service against the better teams.

Have to say though, that there's a good chance Killie will push the boat out and try to hold on to him now that their place in the top flight is secure for next season.

He was often the same with us but those goals would prove decisive for us because when we are back in the SPL we will unlikely be winning games that comfortably even against weaker opposition.

Even next season will be a struggle, bearing in mind we struggled through most of the last 2 seasons.

25-30 goals a season from Boyd will be invaluable.

Remember we once spent £12m on Flo and Boyd had a much better goal ratio in his time here.

Good question pete, but the answer is none - not one penalty. He scored 22 premiership goals without the penalty spot.

Okay I'll give you that one. I will agree I would prefer Boyd to Daly but that is a bit like liking Frankenstein to Dracula.