He's proven this season back at Killie that he's still a good striker in the Scottish top flight with 22 goals making him the 2nd top scorer in the league. The only concern is that 18 of those 22 goals were against the bottom half of the table, but that's often the case for strikers and not necessarily Boyd's fault, as he probably wasn't getting as much service against the better teams.

Have to say though, that there's a good chance Killie will push the boat out and try to hold on to him now that their place in the top flight is secure for next season.

He's proven this season back at Killie that he's still a good striker in the Scottish top flight with 22 goals making him the 2nd top scorer in the league. The only concern is that 18 of those 22 goals were against the bottom half of the table, but that's often the case for strikers and not necessarily Boyd's fault, as he probably wasn't getting as much service against the better teams.

Have to say though, that there's a good chance Killie will push the boat out and try to hold on to him now that their place in the top flight is secure for next season.

People used to criticise him for only scoring once against Celtic. They felt that he didn't score enough against bigger teams, but they forget - he scored three times against Rangers when he was at Kilmarnock.

Most of the chat on here regarding our play is that we've been largely very poor to watch.

Signing Boyd will not alter that in the slightest, but merely reinforce the theory that our manager has no plan to make us exciting to watch.

I don't disagree that he's a good SPL striker but I don't think he's the type of player we should be trying to recruit.

He's slow, one dimensional and will have no reselling value.

Listening to KB on the radio over the last few weeks I think he's made his mind up that he's going elsewhere.

He seems to view the season at Kilmarnock as a stage to get get gametime, score goals and prove that he has it in him to move up a level.

Good business for all,.....I think KB is happy with what he has done and that Kilmarnock have been delighted but will accept that Boyd has other plans.

So what will his plans be ?

Rangers are the obvious candidate or will he listen to other offers ?

Would the signing of Boyd excite the support because I think you'll find a player or two being signed up soon in a bid to push ST sales.

Most of the chat on here regarding our play is that we've been largely very poor to watch.

Signing Boyd will not alter that in the slightest, but merely reinforce the theory that our manager has no plan to make us exciting to watch.

I don't disagree that he's a good SPL striker but I don't think he's the type of player we should be trying to recruit.

We have been poor to watch.

Ally could have his pick from the English top tier though and we'd still be poor to watch.

We certainly should have plenty of young talent but that's never going to happen with this management team. They prefer the tried and trusted over the young and promising.

Boyd may not be a sprinter but he is lightning quick over that first important yard. He reacts quicker than most defenders in the box. It's no accident that he finds space and opportunities where others don't.

From the managers point of view it would be an extremely selfish signing.

People used to criticise him for only scoring once against Celtic. They felt that he didn't score enough against bigger teams, but they forget - he scored three times against Rangers when he was at Kilmarnock.

He scored against Aberdeen and a couple against Dundee Utd this season, so he can still find the net against the better teams. He didn't score against Celtic this season, but didn't play in every game for Killie against them, plus Celtic have only conceded 24 goals all season, so even better teams than Killie have been struggling to score against them.

Exciting strikers who score plenty of goals aren't easy to find on a tight budget these days and with the financial situation at Rangers we won't be pushing the boat out very far in that department. Signing a player like Boyd to help us score goals next season might not be exciting, but it would probably be a relatively safe bet.