I would like to see us taking a chance with Sinnamon at right back.

Bell . . Sinnamon . . McGregor . . Zaliukas . . Wallace ( Smith ) think Smith is a better defender.

McKay (Aird ) . . Law . . McLeod . . Templeton

Miller ( keep wanting to say Millar ) . . Boyd

What do we reckon we still need? I'm talking for this season before some come on and say a whole new team. I'd be pretty confident going in with what we have now providing Coisty plays the likes of McGregor and Zaliukas in there preferred positions...... no laughing at the back!

He does get deserved criticism at times, but in all fairness I think Ally has really strengthened the squad for the season ahead and he's done it early too which is great to see because the new players can get some pre-season matches with the squad under their belt. I don't think we need much more (if anything) for the Championship, but if the manager is allowed to sign anyone else I'd like to think it would be a skillful right winger because that seems to be the only real problem area left. Some folk will say we need a right back, but Foster, Faure & McAusland will be more than enough to cover right back for the season ahead. Even in terms of the right wing I'm sure we can cope, but I'd prefer to see a proper right winger playing as opposed to a striker like Gallagher or attacking central midfielder like Crawford.

. Even in terms of the right wing I'm sure we can cope, but I'd prefer to see a proper right winger playing as opposed to a striker like Gallagher or attacking central midfielder like Crawford.

Are you discounting Aird? If Templeton is fit to play on the left then surely Aird will be on the right where he makes a bigger contribution in terms of assists with cut backs but is less likely to score. I think he will be ahead of Gallagher in the pecking order.

To be fair to McCulloch; the partnership with Mohsni only conceded a goal every other game which is pretty fair even in the 3rd division (and 3 x better than the next best).

It's a misleading stat because the amount of goals we conceded isn't purely down to the central defenders. If anything, I'd have expected a good quality partnership made up of two proper central defenders to concede even less last season, but Jig and Mohsni were good enough for where we were. The coming season is different though.

Are you discounting Aird? If Templeton is fit to play on the left then surely Aird will be on the right where he makes a bigger contribution in terms of assists with cut backs but is less likely to score. I think he will be ahead of Gallagher in the pecking order.

I must confess, I'm not a massive fan of the lad's ability, but you're right, he is a possible right wing starter.

I must confess, I'm not a massive fan of the lad's ability, but you're right, he is a possible right wing starter.

If he could be coached to get to the bye line more often, I believe he could be a regular match winner; but chance would be a fine thing.