I'm not holding my breath mate. I'm sure Ally will find a role for him in the team. :(

Aye, you never know, but he might still get cut loose before the transfer window closes. We really can't afford to be paying big money for a 36 year old to play as a central defender when he isn't even a defender.

The two younger goalkeepers at Rangers must surely be in despair.

Especially Gallacher who actually turns 25 in a few weeks.

When Alexander left, Gallacher should have been given the number 1 keeper spot and should have got a whole season of experience under his belt in the 3rd tier last season, then at this point we're at now it could have been decided whether he was good enough to continue as our number 1 in the Championship.

I see Simmo's twitter account is now in 'protected' mode. I'm guessing he must have been taking a power of abuse after the news of his signing was released today.

Rangers have completed the signing of former Hearts captain Marius Zaliukas.

The Lithuania central defender has signed a two-year contract following a successful trial period.

The 30-year-old also trained with the club last summer but ended up with Leeds where he only made 15 appearances.

It was a busy day for the club as goalkeeper Steve Simonsen also signed a new contract.

Simonsen made three appearances as back-up to Cammy Bell last season but he said he turned down the chance to be first-choice goalkeeper elsewhere to sign a one-year deal, just ahead of their pre-season tour of North America.

The 35-year-old told the club's official website said: 'I had a lot of other teams getting in contact and it was a little bit like buses this summer.

'A few in England and Scotland got in touch but as soon as the manager expressed his interest in bringing me back here again it was a non-competition.

'This was the only place I wanted to come to and there's massive appeal here because I thoroughly enjoyed it at Rangers last season.

'It's a fantastic football club as everybody knows. When I got the call, I just told the manager I'd be here whenever he needed me. I couldn't wait to get back.

'I could maybe have gone somewhere else as the number one but I'm just delighted to be back and I'm looking forward to working alongside Cammy again.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2689135/Marius-Zaliukas-leaves-Leeds-sign-Rangers-two-year-deal.html#ixzz37BnTspVY

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Aye, you never know, but he might still get cut loose before the transfer window closes. We really can't afford to be paying big money for a 36 year old to play as a central defender when he isn't even a defender.

Wishfull thinking there Zappa.

Can't see Ally letting his mate go but at least there appears to be a recognition that we need (and have indeed signed) a better and younger player for the position.

To be fair to McCulloch; the partnership with Mohsni only conceded a goal every other game which is pretty fair even in the 3rd division (and 3 x better than the next best).

What do we reckon we still need? I'm talking for this season before some come on and say a whole new team. I'd be pretty confident going in with what we have now providing Coisty plays the likes of McGregor and Zaliukas in there preferred positions...... no laughing at the back!