For MP to be cost effective we must produce young players whom we can sell onto the bigger leagues such as the EPL i.e. MP must pay its way.

Just like Ajax do by selling the like of Eriksen & Alderweid last summer to Spurs & Atletico Madrid.

To date(13 years since it opened) MP hasn't done that has it?

It would if we had managers who knew how to use the players properly. Ironically, Le Guen used McGregor, Hutton, Lowing, Burke, Shinnie, Smith and Adam, 3 of them were almost £10m players and look how he was treated. Walter instead of using youth second time round spent money we didn't have. McCoist is exactly the same, youth is sacrificed so he can tell his grand weans he went through League 1 undefeated. It's embarrassing. The facility is not the issue, it's the staff. The players are there.

Edited by Super Cooper

We appear to be producing some decent young players - the vast majority not getting through to the 1st team. The big question is: Are they simply not good enough, or is the management team not giving them the chance???

If we had not been in the position we have for the past couple of season, I very much doubt we would have seen McKay, Crawford, Aird or Gallagher...even McLeod would be doubtful (IMHO). McCoist is a buying manager - this has been displayed with the sheer number of player purchases over the past 2 seasons.

It's beyond all doubt where the issue lies mate.

It would if we had managers who knew how to use the players properly. Ironically, Le Guen used McGregor, Hutton, Lowing, Burke, Shinnie, Smith and Adam, 3 of them were almost £10m players and look how he was treated. Walter didn't want Barry Ferguson first time round and instead of using youth second time round he spent money we didn't have. McCoist is exactly the same, youth is sacrificed so he can tell his grand weans he went through League 1 undefeated. It's embarrassing. The facility is not the issue, it's the staff. The players are there.

I think it needs to be stated that the players you mention were with us before MP opened. It also needs to be emphasized that the players we require need to be capable of getting us to where we want to be i.e. Scottish champions and beyond Christmas in Europe every year. The danger of MP, as I see it, is it produces Partick Thistle-standard or Morton-standard players who'd be of little use to us and be a drain on resources.

However I would agree with you we'd need a change of manager before we'd even begin to see young players breaking thro' into the first team

I think it needs to be stated that the players you mention were with us before MP opened. It also needs to be emphasized that the players we require need to be capable of getting us to where we want to be i.e. Scottish champions and beyond Christmas in Europe every year. The danger of MP, as I see it, is it produces Partick Thistle-standard or Morton-standard players who'd be of little use to us and be a drain on resources.

However I would agree with you we'd need a change of manager before we'd even begin to see young players breaking thro' into the first team

Point 1 -

MP opened in 2001.

McGregor was only 19 at that point with another 15 years of development ahead of him.

Hutton joined the club a matter of months before MP opened and was only 17 when it opened. Over a decade of development before he hits his peak.

Lowing was only 13 when MP opened.

Burke was only 18 when it opened with over a decade of development ahead of him before he hits his peak.

Shinnie was only 12 when MP opened again with over a decade of development ahead of him there.

Smudger was 16 when MP opened and like the rest, key developmental year ahead of him within MP.

Adam again, was only 16 when MP opened and like every other player i named, would spend all his key developmental years at Murray Park.

Point 2 -

McGregor, Hutton, Smith, Adam and Burke all proved they can handle winning trophies and titles at Rangers. Sadly Lowing and Shinnie didn't get the chance.

Point 3 -

We couldn't even get past Xmas in Europe with some of Europes best players and you expect it with kids? C'mon now Rab, let's not be silly here.

Point 4 -

McGregor, Shinnie, Hutton, Adam and Burke have all went onto play for some huge clubs and done very well for themselves individually. All being international players too. Not Partick Thistle or Morton players like you say.

Point 5 -

The manager. We agree. :D

Why are we even trying to excuse this because we have failed to use it properly.

Use it properly and it's invaluable.

Sell it and lease it back and it's a millstone

We'll not have to worry about buying players, there will not be enough money left.

please tell me you're not laying pipe to support the selling off of Auchenhowie !.....There would be no excuse in my view of disposing of this facility in any way

please tell me you're not laying pipe to support the selling off of Auchenhowie !.....There would be no excuse in my view of disposing of this facility in any way

if it is too expensive to run then it may need to be sold off and a less expensive, smaller training ground built elsewhere. I'm just not convinced it represents value for money.

if it is too expensive to run then it may need to be sold off and a less expensive, smaller training ground built elsewhere. I'm just not convinced it represents value for money.

Not better asking why, if it is, why is it too expensive to run? Sinclairs salary? Kirkwoods? Duries? The groundsmen? The IRA supporting chef? Worth changing energy supplier? Rather than selling up and suffering the costs of not only relocation but another build. That is just mental.

What is that money Rab? How does running Auchenhowie compare to Lennoxtown and similar sized facilities?

Help me out please mate, bearing in mind our turnover is going to double within the next 24 months.

Rab, if you seriously want Rangers to downscale everything to the level of this board's ability to bring in income and manage it properly, then we would be as well giving up everything and playing in the juniors.

I have never heard such defeatest trash from a bear in all my life.

This board is the problem, added to with some terrible decisions by manager(s), and has been the problem for over a decade. Murray ran us into the ground, and everyone who has had a piece of us since, has trampled in the dirt a bit more and then a bit more again.

Just when you think a board cant get any worse than its predecessor, along comes the next one. Wake up FFS, its not coffee you can smell.