Sly dig from the man promoting a code of conduct. Lol.

I didn't think it a sly dig - it was an expression of opinion. There was no abuse in that post at all.

The code of conduct is not about taking away people's opinions at all - it is about people being able to express them without abuse - debate and criticism is perfectly acceptable. What is the internet for if it is not to discuss things?

How did the meeting go?

Any plans to issue a minute?

We didn't do formal minutes as the discussion was very fluid - however the take away from the meeting is to try and work together to come out with a code of conduct.

I thought Ace from RM summed it up pretty fairly:

"Ok folks, the meeting finish at 2:45pm

Everyone attending agreed that as a first step, we try to reduce the amount of personal abuse that floats around forums etc. (yes, forums aren't the only place it happens)

Initially, a first pass 'charter' will be produced for all who attended to review & make comment or suggest changes. This is aimed at Rangers sites/forums to sign up to and try to reduce the personal stuff that is thrown about.

As for FB & twitter, as they are far more personal, the only real suggestion is 'if you don't like it .. block them'

This was never going to be about one meeting to rule them all, it's a first step on a path to trying to improve the overall relationship

Hopefully, the more it happens the better everyone relates to each other and, imagine it .... we start to agree on stuff."

Though I would add the facebook/twitter section is to be elaborated on a bit - with the possible inclusion of a procedure for blocking abusive posters for instance

Greg, will a code of conduct mean we can't slag off Merlin any more?

That could be a show-stopper you know! :D

Zero tolerance on the abuse. Though he now calls himself merlin so does that count?

Need to go to a abuse decision panel to decide :)

Zero tolerance on the abuse. Though he now calls himself merlin so does that count?

Need to go to a abuse decision panel to decide :)

Can we not just appoint a biased compliance officer? :D

The agenda was published before hand - I'm transparent.

I'm also disappointed that after intimating to us that they would attend that VB did not appear.

Frankly I think today was a worthwhile exercise where it might not be the thing to sort out all of our problems I am happy to have attended and think most there were in agreement.

Could you clarify by what you mean by my capacity?

Poor wording on my part, I was referring to the capacity (numbers) of the Louden.

What a crock of shit this is IMO. Who are these self appointed guardians of social media behaviour for Rangers fans? A " code of conduct" what nonsense, how would it be implemented? Who would be the judge if the "code of conduct" was broken? What would the punishment be?

FF the biggest Rangers Internet forum have obviously decide not to participate. The main group who regularly smear other fans groups do not turn up, no surprise there.

Let's be honest there are two groups that constantly attack the other groups and they will continue to do so no matter what. Simple solution if they annoy you is don't go on that forum and block the other on Twitter.

This project is a diversion from more important matters we should be putting our time and resources into.

I didn't think it a sly dig - it was an expression of opinion. There was no abuse in that post at all.

The code of conduct is not about taking away people's opinions at all - it is about people being able to express them without abuse - debate and criticism is perfectly acceptable. What is the internet for if it is not to discuss things?

You're on the wrong forum talking to the wrong person on your aims with this. All this crap (online) will end when the club is run by credible owners who embrace supporters and their needs and wants. You've got to remember the club actively participate in divide and conquer tactics and the fans liaison is as guilty as Jack Irvine.

The lead will come from the club in a few years time. Vanity projects are worthless whilst hedge funds piss all over us.