What a crock of shit this is IMO. Who are these self appointed guardians of social media behaviour for Rangers fans? A " code of conduct" what nonsense, how would it be implemented? Who would be the judge if the "code of conduct" was broken? What would the punishment be?

FF the biggest Rangers Internet forum have obviously decide not to participate. The main group who regularly smear other fans groups do not turn up, no surprise there.

Let's be honest there are two groups that constantly attack the other groups and they will continue to do so no matter what. Simple solution if they annoy you is don't go on that forum and block the other on Twitter.

This project is a diversion from more important matters we should be putting our time and resources into.

Yes, it's an empty endeavour.

There will always be places on the internet for people to go and be anti social. It's just like the real world.

If you don't like the things that people say online then you should not read them. There are plenty of places to go where you can avoid it. Again just like the real world.

You're on the wrong forum talking to the wrong person on your aims with this. All this crap (online) will end when the club is run by credible owners who embrace supporters and their needs and wants. You've got to remember the club actively participate in divide and conquer tactics and the fans liaison is as guilty as Jack Irvine.

The lead will come from the club in a few years time. Vanity projects are worthless whilst hedge funds piss all over us.

Agree with your bigger point about the Club, but it's neither a distraction nor futile to try and do something about unacceptable supporter behaviour now.

If the collective response by Rangers fans to online abuse, is to tolerate it, then we are all lessened by it.

On several occasions, I've been so saddened at the way fellow bears have behaved, that I've challenged them about it. I've never been abused back (yet) and in some cases, a more productive debate followed.

I fail to see how a few short meetings and some work for a handful of people to produce guidance on what is acceptable is a distraction, when the infighting is turning some supporters off the Club altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with your bigger point about the Club, but it's neither a distraction nor futile to try and do something about unacceptable supporter behaviour now.

If the collective response by Rangers fans to online abuse, is to tolerate it, then we are all lessened by it.

On several occasions, I've been so saddened at the way fellow bears have behaved, that I've challenged them about it. I've never been abused back (yet) and in some cases, a more productive debate followed.

I fail to see how a few short meetings and some work for a handful of people to produce guidance on what is acceptable is a distraction, when the infighting is turning some supporters off the Club altogether.

- If forums simply adhered to their moderation policy then there would be no abuse there.

If you get offended by X, put him on 'ignore'.

- This is a difficult time in our history and there will be strong views out there.

- If individuals on twitter 'abuse' then there is the option to block them.

If they are the type to continually abuse, any mooted 'code of conduct' would be ignored by them anyway.

- Beware the attempt to marginalise or push for (harsh) criticism being labeled as 'abuse' in any efforts towards regulation.

Freedom of speech still exists in the UK although it is continually under attack and isn't what it used to be.

One of the methods of attack is to stigmatize and make people (including politicans) scared of addressing certain issues or not towing a certain line.

Whilst not directly related to our situation, it is through such mooted 'code of conducts' or the like that certain issues or areas of discussion can start on the road to be marginalised or better controlled.

Quite apart from that and as others have intimated, this initiative will achieve little or nothing and may actually stimulate more talk of division at a time where the great majority of the support are broadly united wrt being unhappy with how the executive board go about there business.

ps. It's ironic that the main root of this issue takes you back to the executive board, or rather the then dictator SDM alongside Jack Irvine.

Let us be serious here.

What kind of supporter stops supporting a football team because of some antisocial behaviour online?

I do not know of one fan who has stopped attending games due to vicious/ill informed/ stupid/ statements on social media.

I do not know of one fan who has stopped attending games due to vicious/ill informed/ stupid/ statements on social media.

Perhaps it's only a contributory factor, but to quote a recent post by Hildy:

Read forums where Rangers fans congregate and despair at the the lack of respect that people have for each other. This forum is not typical of the level of debate that can be found. There are some excellent contributors on busier forums, but I know a few who have become tired of the vitriol and monocultural tone, and now they no longer bother. I know people who are polite, well-mannered and articulate who have been banned for posting unpopular opinions on one of the busier forums - but not the busiest - and they have chucked it too.

There is nothing worse than people who see themselves as 'real' Rangers fans sounding off about how staunch they are and decrying the rest. To be a big club, Rangers has to be a multilayered, multi-opinioned entity. Sadly, though, non-hardcore opinions don't fit in with the strident and often unthinking attitudes that some Rangers fans have, and if the debate can't cope with their opinions, and if they are banned from articulating them, we all suffer as the club begins to resemble the beast that our enemies constantly portray it to be.

To be a big club, Rangers has to have an appeal across all classes in society. I'm not sure that it is doing that any more. I believe it is losing the middle class, and in doing so, it will diminish in status and pay a heavy and damaging price.

No issue with people trying but asking grown men to agree to a code of conduct on the internet is perhaps one of the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

No one is tolerating bullies. Indeed, I am seeing more and more people stand up which is heartening. The club don't tolerate it either, they encourage it as anti-sociable behaviour amongst the support suits them.

I used to moderate the RST social media accounts whioch gave me an insight into how a tiny minority act. When we into admin the comments and campaigns that followed were the lowest I've been with supporters. I took a step back from forums and social media for a wee while and realised it was a tiny minority who love nothing more than agro. I never once pandered to them and don't intend to now.

By default the idea is giving credence to a small minority of people whose aim is agro some sort of importance. The club needs sorted first and the large body of fans disengaged with groups, campaigns and the club itself need addressed as a priority.

Edit: As I've said previously, arseholse don't stop being arseholes. That's who they are and folk should move on without them.

Perhaps it's only a contributory factor, but to quote a recent post by Hildy:

Is he not talking about people chucking forums as opposed to not going to games?