Van Dijk is meant to be fairly decent, no? Is Ambrose any good? I watch no Scottish football aside from us so don't know much about them recently.

They do regularly post decent profits on transfers, largely due to their foreign acquisitions.

I believe, and I've said before that the media play a massive part in their transfer success.....it allows them to get vastly inflated prices out into the public domain, which results is fantastic prices for average players....Hooper & Wanyama are not exactly setting the English leagues alight are they???

I believe, and I've said before that the media play a massive part in their transfer success.....it allows them to get vastly inflated prices out into the public domain, which results is fantastic prices for average players....Hooper & Wanyama are not exactly setting the English leagues alight are they???

The question is, what transfer success? They have made good money on 2 maybe 3 players in the last 10 years or so, no? It all seems to be hyperbole and deluded PR with them.

Absolutely bang on. Van Dijk and Forster are the latest two to get the "worth at least 8M" bullshit from the Scottish media. They are playing against nothing in a one horse race. Surely the teams 'willing' to pay millions can see this

Van Dijk is meant to be fairly decent, no? Is Ambrose any good? I watch no Scottish football aside from us so don't know much about them recently.

They do regularly post decent profits on transfers, largely due to their foreign acquisitions.

I'm still to be convinced of this. I have a healthy suspicion that it is more down to media printing what Lawell tells them to print. How many of those transfer deals that they have made have been "undisclosed" ? A LOT. Could go either way there, but I don't think they are raking in as much as we are being told by way of transfer fees

I am genuinely jealous that they have brought a young, vibrant, ambitious and hungry manager in. This is what we didn't want after Lennon. This news just makes my resolve to remove McCoist all the more firmer.

I'm the opposite. This appointment doesn't make me jealous in any way whatsoever. The "cheap option" and what number in the pecking order was he?

I'm the opposite. This appointment doesn't make me jealous in any way whatsoever. The "cheap option" and what number in the pecking order was he?

The reality is we don't know what option he was but whatever it was, cheap, expensive, affordable, unaffordable, 3rd choice, 1st choice, 2nd choice, 7th choice, it's still a better choice than Ally f*cking McCoist! :D