If it was the club who were guilty of this lack of communication then King and UoF would be up in arms. The UoF and King are not showing that they are any better than the current board in certain respects.

If it was the club who were guilty of this lack of communication then King and UoF would be up in arms. The UoF and King are not showing that they are any better than the current board in certain respects.

Everyone was up in arms coz the club weren't releasing figures for ST sales....yet no-one appears to be concerned/bothered about numbers entering DK's scheme.

King has been VERY quiet about everything recently. this is supposed to be his baby....he was the one who pushed for this....he was the one publicly calling for better from the board. Yet here we are weeks/months down the line & still no clear picture of what King's intentions really are.

Have folk bought into his trust, or are they simply not renewing for other reasons?? Does the trust/company have any real bargaining power due to the numbers who have signed up??? Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that there were unofficially 8-10k signed up, yet no official confirmation - there were unofficial ST sales ranging from 5k-25k from various sources.....

I can see this whole "trust" thing just fizzing out & many fans going back to the club & renewing anyway - just later than usual....

I think it's fair to ask King for a sit-rep.

20,000 fans haven't renewed and even if the bulk of those don't back King per se, his words and actions will have impacted on their decision.

Everyone was up in arms coz the club weren't releasing figures for ST sales....yet no-one appears to be concerned/bothered about numbers entering DK's scheme.

King has been VERY quiet about everything recently. this is supposed to be his baby....he was the one who pushed for this....he was the one publicly calling for better from the board. Yet here we are weeks/months down the line & still no clear picture of what King's intentions really are.

Have folk bought into his trust, or are they simply not renewing for other reasons?? Does the trust/company have any real bargaining power due to the numbers who have signed up??? Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that there were unofficially 8-10k signed up, yet no official confirmation - there were unofficial ST sales ranging from 5k-25k from various sources.....

I can see this whole "trust" thing just fizzing out & many fans going back to the club & renewing anyway - just later than usual....

The total amount who signed up to the scheme is largely immaterial as it was merely a focal point for fans who don't trust those currently running the show. Season ticket sales are down for a variety of reasons and that is the important figure in all of this. If people need a Dave King statement, or one from any other rich individual, to tell them what to do with their cash, then they should just get themselves down to the ticket office today.

The total amount who signed up to the scheme is largely immaterial

This is something I don't agree with.....

King gives the impression that he is speaking for the fans, that they both share the same vision/goal......but if those same fans don't back his plans in huge numbers & buy into his scheme, it then gives the impression that he doesn't speak for the fans & weakens his argument.

I believe what King has done is made people question their "undying" loyalty to a degree. Fans are obviously thinking twice before putting more cash into the club - many of these folk also don't want to put their money into Kings scheme either.

Based on figures currently "oot there", we know that approx 18k ST have been sold. We are led to believe that 8-10k folk have signed up with DK. That still leaves circa 10k folk who just haven't renewed for whatever reason. What happens when the DK "trust" deadline passes....how many of the 8-10k will renew with the club.

What will be DK's stance once the deadline passes for his trust???

What will DK say IF St sales start creeping up closer to last seasons???

If DK is working with and for the fans....How is he interacting with them??? Does he know why 10k people haven't renewed??? What is he currently doing to promote the fans views etc???

I hope I am wrong, but the empirical evidence continues to damn.

Dave King, McColl, Chuck Green, the current Board, ......... etc have all laid claim to the necessary leadership. They have shown a remarkable ability to march the Bears up to the top of the hill, deliberate, then allow those same Bears to wander back down the hill.

I suspect Amelia Earhart will be back in communication before all mentioned indulge the Bears in a burst transmission?

The total amount who signed up to the scheme is largely immaterial as it was merely a focal point for fans who don't trust those currently running the show. Season ticket sales are down for a variety of reasons and that is the important figure in all of this. If people need a Dave King statement, or one from any other rich individual, to tell them what to do with their cash, then they should just get themselves down to the ticket office today.

I don't think that's fair to be honest.

Sure, we're all big boys and shouldn't need guidance on our opinions. However, for many - myself included - not renewing our season tickets was a very difficult decision when we consider this will threaten the club's viability. Now, you or I may understand that tacit threat is part of the 'bargain' King is attempting to deal and patience is required. Fine, I get that. However, neither will I have my influence taken for granted.

Let's be candid. King's previous (and often verbose) statements were becoming tiresome without any real evidence of progress. As such, it made sense for him to retreat publicly while he did his work in the background. However, that was several weeks ago now and with no update of substance then we are quite right to ask are we to hold firm on our 'threat' to expedite change or is King's bid dead effectively making the chance of change null and void?

As Bluedell says, we can't criticise the board for being opaque when King is being equally less than forthcoming. That's nothing to do with self-belief - just being consistent.

I hope I am wrong, but the empirical evidence continues to damn.

Dave King, McColl, Chuck Green, the current Board, ......... etc have all laid claim to the necessary leadership. They have shown a remarkable ability to march the Bears up to the top of the hill, deliberate, then allow those same Bears to wander back down the hill.

I suspect Amelia Earhart will be back in communication before all mentioned indulge the Bears in a burst transmission?

Coincidently enough, I'm in the process of using that rhyme in an article to criticise King - what this space!