.........that Ally McCoist showed me the door at Rangers.

THE Northern Ireland internationalist says that McCoist spoke to him throughout last season and fully expected to stay at Ibrox.

FORMER Rangers striker Andy Little says he was left stunned last month when he was axed at Ibrox.

The Northern Ireland international didn’t take long to find a new club 
and earlier this month agreed a contract with Preston North End in England’s League One.

Little, 25, is disappointed he wasn’t offered a new deal but understands why he was allowed to leave the League One champions.

McCoist has brought Kenny Miller and Kris Boyd back to Ibrox since and Little said: “It was a massive shock. I was fully expecting to sign a new contract and stay at Rangers.

“The manager had spoken to me throughout the season. I loved every minute of my time there but these things happen in football.

“I think they needed to offload some players and I was the collateral, if you like.

“I think the manager wanted to keep me but sometimes if there is another player he fancies more than you, he has to make that choice.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/stunned-striker-andy-little-still-3787254

We had Daly, Clark, and Little at the end of the season, with Gallagher waiting in the background. Little still is one of these players one is never sure about. He's always in there gives 110% when on the field of play, but has some erratic shooting and spells out injured too. At his age, neither should be a problem. Yet, McCoist was always going to take up the opportunity and sign Boyd and Miller, should that come to pass. It would have left Little with the right wing slot again, but he'd have had competition with Templeton/Aird, Peralta and Gallagher. It sure wasn't an easy decision, not least given the job Little had done for us past admin. All that there is left for us now is to wish him well and tell him that we'll always remember our own.

In 7 years Little made 65 appearances & scored 33 goals (according to Wikipedia) - not a bad return

In 1 season, Daly made 34 appearances & scored 20 goals.

I think Little was a very middle of the road player, but I think Daly is the better option of the 2.

In 7 years Little made 65 appearances & scored 33 goals (according to Wikipedia) - not a bad return

In 1 season, Daly made 34 appearances & scored 20 goals.

I think Little was a very middle of the road player, but I think Daly is the better option of the 2.

My main "problem" with Little (and Shiels) as a striker is that he rarely keeps his position. Far too often he wanders all around the front line and the wings and thus is more often than not not where he could hurt teams most. His work rate is second to none and he can cover a lot of space, but as a striker, he should have stayed more close to the penalty box. IMHO he has a bright future ahead of him and other teams will relish his best attributes.

As for his scoring record, he just turned 25, did spent much time either out injured or in a wide position too. In that respect and as an "attacking player" he's done rather well.