How exactly would you achieve that, given that the Ibrox 1972 Ltd scheme has been withdrawn?

Oh and I'm a fan and I have a ST and I don't want or feel the need for security over Ibrox or Murray Park nor do I think that it would be reasonable for the company to grant such security even if I did want it. And I'm quite sure that I am by no means alone amongst the 20,000+ season ticket holders.

That's a pretty bizarre view to have. The stadium is about the one last remaining thing that has not been flogged.

There are no victors here.

As I said there is no mechanism for "us"to get security over Ibrox and so far as I can recall there has never been any suggestion that it would be sold.

I do not consider that it is reasonable to tie the Board's hands in the way you suggest even if such a mechanism were available which it is not. The assets are owned by a company, the directors of the company must be free to act in the best interests of the company or they would be failing in their fiduciary duty. If the company was owned by the fans then in effect they would own the stadium. Even if the fan groups together got to 5% of the shares (still a long way off) they would be in a postion to exert some influence.

so they should retain the ability to sell ibrox?

I read someone saying they're tempted to email the club about cancelling their season ticket because they don't want concessions to be made to Sons of Struth :seal:

there are some fans who i suspect will celebrate when the stadium is sold just to get it up the sos.

There are no victors here.

As I said there is no mechanism for "us"to get security over Ibrox and so far as I can recall there has never been any suggestion that it would be sold.

I do not consider that it is reasonable to tie the Board's hands in the way you suggest even if such a mechanism were available which it is not. The assets are owned by a company, the directors of the company must be free to act in the best interests of the company or they would be failing in their fiduciary duty. If the company was owned by the fans then in effect they would own the stadium. Even if the fan groups together got to 5% of the shares (still a long way off) they would be in a postion to exert some influence.

a mechanism can easily be put in place and if not the stadium can be secured many ways. other clubs do it no problem.

as i have always said. any board with pure intentions at heart would embrace this plan. they would offer you a region of the turf on lease with your season book or change the terms of your season book purchase or whatever.

speaking for myself i have money sitting here waiting to go into the club under such a scheme.

How exactly would you achieve that, given that the Ibrox 1972 Ltd scheme has been withdrawn?

Oh and I'm a fan and I have a ST and I don't want or feel the need for security over Ibrox or Murray Park nor do I think that it would be reasonable for the company to grant such security even if I did want it. And I'm quite sure that I am by no means alone amongst the 20,000+ season ticket holders.

If you don't feel the need for security over Murray Park you are a fool it is quite clear that Murray Park is either going to be sold or will more likely be a product of a sale and lease back agreement. You only need to look at the agreement at Leeds Utd to see how much can be drawn from the clubs funds to go into the pockets of sp--s with no interest in football.

If you don't feel the need for security over Murray Park you are a fool it is quite clear that Murray Park is either going to be sold or will more likely be a product of a sale and lease back agreement. You only need to look at the agreement at Leeds Utd to see how much can be drawn from the clubs funds to go into the pockets of sp--s with no interest in football.

It would also be in the contract that we must use Murray Park, it would be a millstone round our necks for years.