When does the Puma and/or 32red deals kick in though? How much do we get there? It is not all about ST sales.

I wonder why there is no talk of a naming rights deal for Ibrox ... and what Mike Ashley is up to these days.

You'll probably find that the Puma deal is an onerous contact and that 32red doesn't even cover Wallace's remuneration.

Rumour has it that Ashley will underwrite the 4m share issue, bolstering his holding. No real sources for that, just rumour thus far. Will need to be made public as he already holds a "major minority", I reckon.

that would actually make sense for him as his company have the prime onerous contract.

I thought there was an issue with Ashley not being allowed to own more than 10% of another club while he still owns Newcastle?

Can't see there being an issue - different clubs, different associations, different countries (technically)....

I thought there was an issue with Ashley not being allowed to own more than 10% of another club while he still owns Newcastle?

The Belgian guy who owns Standard Liege is the major shareholder in at least four clubs, including Charlton.

Was that a Charlie Chuckles quote?

The Belgian guy who owns Standard Liege is the major shareholder in at least four clubs, including Charlton.

Was that a Charlie Chuckles quote?

A widely reported quote from Malcolm Murray back in November:

The rules of football are complex but, as far as I understand, if you own a Premier League club, then you can’t own more than 10% of a Scottish club. So, unless he sells Newcastle, then he can’t own Rangers.

A widely reported quote from Malcolm Murray back in November:

The rules of football are complex but, as far as I understand, if you own a Premier League club, then you can’t own more than 10% of a Scottish club. So, unless he sells Newcastle, then he can’t own Rangers.

Cheers, mate. Perhaps it's a stipulation laid down unilaterally by the EPL? It's a strange one.

Cheers, mate. Perhaps it's a stipulation laid down unilaterally by the EPL? It's a strange one.

I honestly don't know what the story is because the EPL handbook doesn't stipulate a maximum permitted percentage for dual ownership, but it has very specific rules on disclosure of ownership (rules G.1 & G.2) and a specific Dual Interest Notice that must be completed (Form 6).

Where Malcolm Murray or anyone else has got the 10% figure from though, I have no idea, although it's entirely possible Ashley was told by the Premier League that he could buy into Rangers no problem, but only up to a certain percentage.

I don't know of any solid foundation for the 10% figure which has been widely discussed as his cut-off point though, so it seems as though we're once again relying on rumours etc.

I honestly don't know what the story is because the EPL handbook doesn't stipulate a maximum permitted percentage for dual ownership, but it has very specific rules on disclosure of ownership (rules G.1 & G.2) and a specific Dual Interest Notice that must be completed (Form 6).

Where Malcolm Murray or anyone else has got the 10% figure from though, I have no idea, although it's entirely possible Ashley was told by the Premier League that he could buy into Rangers no problem, but only up to a certain percentage.

I don't know of any solid foundation for the 10% figure which has been widely discussed as his cut-off point though, so it seems as though we're once again relying on rumours etc.

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/dual-ownership-of-football-clubs.htm

Doesn't answer the question and I can't vouch for it's accuracy, but it does appear that the Premier League does have it's own ideas on the matter.