The evening was ended with a fine round of "shots" though i have no idea what on earth it was. Tangy, nippy and actually quite nice. We went our seperate ways.

Sambuca (Italian pronunciation: [samˈbuːka]) is an Italian anise-flavoured, usually colourless, liqueur.

Sambuca may be served neat. It may also be served on the rocks or with water, resulting in the ouzo effect from the anethole (careful how you say that) in the anise.

Sambuca is considered to go particularly well with coffee. Like other anise liqueurs, it may be drunk after coffee as a ammazzacaffè or added directly to coffee in place of sugar.

The most iconic serving of sambuca is a shot with three coffee beans, called con la mosca, which means "with the fly". The three coffee beans are said to represent health, happiness and prosperity, or the Holy Trinity. The shot may be ignited to toast the coffee beans with the flame extinguished immediately before drinking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambuca

It was a favourite of Sir Hugh Fraser, after dinner in the Colonial Restaurant at the bottom of High St in the 70's, where I tried to impress the odd lady or two :cool5:

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Great to meet you guys,sorry I had to leave earlier than planned but my buddy Hastie was worse for wear and I had to see him home,he's a great guy but just had too much bevvy,next time I will leave the baby sitting aside and stay and enjoy the whole evening.

Most of us have been there at some point or other.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone!

With hindsight I think I'd have probably have preferred an afternoon on the sauce than endure that 90 minutes v Cowdenbeath.