Was a great night, good to meet some old and new faces, and put faces to names :)

For being out all day with Ian, Frankie and Hastie I would've bet on me being one who would be sleeping early on!!

Hope I never bored Gunslinger too much talking about my homebrew :drink:

Thanks to BH and all the other Gersnet members, roll on the next one!

Official Second Gersnet Dinner Minutes, well not quite minutes but......

Evening started around 4.30 with Juancornetto and Super Cooper in main restaurant ordering a few beers. Young Miko on the Bacon crisps and milk sitting tuned into his smartphone with headphones completely oblivious to what was about to occur.

Matters discussed were both members history within the travel industry, Twitter, Spain, Cristobal and the food with Super Cooper claiming he was "starving". A quick check up on the Rangers score confirmed we had horsed second bottom of the league Cowdenbeath 1-0 in front of a capacity 17000 crowd at Ibrox thanks to an own goal.

Around 5.15 ish Bluedell turns up to drag the 2 existing members already 'on it' into the Cafe to properly kick off the evening.

As the members "steamed" in one by one, and i mean "steamed" in, Ian, Frankie, Johnny and Hastie! :) Malaga Tapas staff were dishing out the "swally" in great volumes. Estrella and Rioja, it was flowing.

There was an early tense moment as Mountain Bear walked in the door and proceeded to take his jacket off, i thought, oh oh, his jacket was off to reveal the now famous RST red and black strip. No boos, no fists flying, no abuse, just good banter and humour. Mark was safe.

2 tables we had Gunslinger, Johnny K, Tannochside, Mountain Bear, Steve C and friend and Frankie sitting adjacent to the loo at the head of the big table with Bluedell, Juancornetto, SuperCooper, Miko, Plgsarmy and Elfideldo sitting at the bottom end. At the other table we had Ian, Hastie, Charlton Bear and his lovely wife, RangersRab, Forlanssister, Dave Smith and of course the man himself Brahim Hemdani. If i have missed anyone out i do aplogise, i am positive i have in fact someone, was feeding me with some dark red liquid stuff called Rioja, yes you Juancornetto!

Member Brahim Hemdani was first to take the floor advising us that if the night was a success he wanted the plaudits and if it was rotten to blame Cristobal.

It was then onto our starters. Battered squid, bread crumbed fish nuggets, chorizo pieces, chicken bits and potato bravas, all complimented by fine sauces and dips. And of course the obligatory bread and butter.

Another loud pinging of the glass meant another announcement was impending and it was time for Mr Dave Smith himself. Stories of his time at his boys club, at Aberdeen and of course at Rangers. From Nuremburg to Barcelona. From Scot Symon to Willie Waddell. Matters were somewhat interupted by strange noises coming from the opposite side of Daves table when an ever so slightly intoxicated gentleman staggered his way to the toilet for a bit of painting and decorating. After going for a pee after him i can confirm he done some job of it. It was a mess!

And onto the main courses it was, the Paella. Plates and plates of the stuff, far too much too eat. The chit chat, banter and rioja was flowing.

The evening was ended with a fine round of "shots" though i have no idea what on earth it was. Tangy, nippy and actually quite nice. We went our seperate ways.

That was the view from my table, please feel free to add in whatever i may have missed.

I am sure we all agree it was a great night had by all.

And onto the next one........

Edited by Super Cooper