Why do so many so-called Rangers supporters on this forum want Rangers to fail ?????

Is it because there aren't enough 'Rangers men' in the boardroom ?

I'd love to see Rangers run by 'Rangers men' but face fact it isn't going to happen anytime soon.I'm not convinced by the board either but until there's a credible alternative it's all we've got.

Hoping the club go out of business is utter madness and it may never get a chance to fully recover were that to happen god forbid

I couldn't care less about having 'Rangers men' at the club, I just want competency.

This is already happening. Anybody who has travelled on the trains at the weekend will have seen the hordes of fans from Scotland who travel down to watch English matches.

Most of the current exodus will be made up of those who have 'changed' their habits, which is often a difficult step to take.

It's a dam sight easier for 'future generations' to simply miss out the Scottish Football stage.

Most of the current exodus will be made up of those who have 'changed' their habits, which is often a difficult step to take.

It's a dam sight easier for 'future generations' to simply miss out the Scottish Football stage.

Spot on. As transport improves, the UK becomes a smaller place. The steady decline of Scottish football will gather pace over the next few years.

Spot on. As transport improves, the UK becomes a smaller place. The steady decline of Scottish football will gather pace over the next few years.

If you look at it today then it has never been in a more dangerous place wrt to numbers.

I think this will be best illustrated with imagery of empty seats at both Ibrox and Parkhead this season.

When as a nation your clubs become European Summer canonfodder and the number of supporters who have never seen Scotland qualify for a major championship increases steadily,.... it's little wonder that they don't fall for the Scottish version of a sport that is charaterised by mediocrity (I'm feeling generous) from the media coverage to the on-field performance.

Why travel at all, when you can watch it from the comfort of your living room (or the pub)?

Why travel at all, when you can watch it from the comfort of your living room (or the pub)?

It's generally a good day out. I know people who travel to Arsenal, Manchester City, Chelsea and Manchester United, and they tend do it in style.

They are Rangers fans. Instead of tolerating the dismal experience of watching Rangers, though, they choose to venture south to sample a more robust offering.

I'm not really a fan of the English game myself but I can see the appeal of it to Scottish fans who want a different type of day out.

It's generally a good day out. I know people who travel to Arsenal, Manchester City, Chelsea and Manchester United, and they tend do it in style.

They are Rangers fans. Instead of tolerating the dismal experience of watching Rangers, though, they choose to venture south to sample a more robust offering.

I'm not really a fan of the English game myself but I can see the appeal of it to Scottish fans who want a different type of day out.

Yeah, it also seperates the wheat from the chaff once the straits have become narrow, at least for a time.

Yeah, it also seperates the wheat from the chaff once the straits have become narrow, at least for a time.

It may come as a surprise to you, but there are many people who do not take their club allegiance as strongly as we do. They have helped fund the game over the years and are not afraid to vote with their feet if they feel they are being short-changed.

Some of those people spend their working lives performing to exacting standards and they will not easily tolerate a level of football which is mediocre even on a good day.

Rangers used to be a club that had standards, at least, this was what most people believed. Now, it is a shoddily-run club with an uninspiring team.

People will walk away from this. It is our failure to accept and understand this that is troubling. Don't expect or demand loyalty. In the 21st century, it has to be won.

Aye db but the chaff are a necessity if we have any chance of funding ally's extravagance.

All about expectations and reality. IMHO, people expect (still) far too much from players (and possibly a manager) who lack the standards set by previous teams, even in the 21st century. You do not have to tolerate mediocrity when you can expect more from the players out there, be they on 7k or 15k. Most players we have will give you the quality that would hand them 800 to 2k with other clubs. That we pay them exceedingly more does not turn them into any better players though. Hence, for the time being, all you can do is revalue the expectations levels. These players are capable to get us to the top tier, with some sure being good enough for a longer stay. Others will not play for much longer than next summer. As long as the straits are that narrow, you would expect that supporters of the club see the reality of what is actually possible on a continuous basis. That is the here and now. Far too many expect far too much - for one reason or another - and get disappointed time and again. Despite the journey being almost done and the team does what is expected of them, i.e. winning games.